We're looking for a full time Deputy Paediatric Nurse Manager to support the Nurse Manager in delivering Clinical Research studies at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MFT).
If you are committed to providing high quality care to patients and helping them to make the right decisions about their treatment options, with the skills to guide and advise them throughout their research journey, this role could be for you.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is capable of contributing to the development of the paediatric research team.
The Team facilitates and supports the delivery of research within paediatrics across a wide range of specialities.
You will take a proactive approach in supporting the Nurse Manager in managing the Paediatric Clinical Research team, including developing safe and high-quality practice, conducting staff appraisals, monitoring team performance, alongside clinical duties including providing the highest quality patient care and collecting/processing samples.
You will have a flexible approach to your working pattern. You maybe required to work across sites and variety of shifts throughout the 24-hour period, including weekends to perform your role satisfactorily and to meet the Research needs across MFT.
Comprehensive training and an induction programme will be provided for successful candidates. Opportunities for developing new research and clinical skills are available and actively encouraged.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is capable of contributing to the development of research within our Paediatric Research Team.
You will still be instrumental in implementing study objectives and will provide dedicated support to ensure that studies are delivered to time and target.
You will be the main point of contact for study principal investigators, sponsors and patients in the Nurse Manager's absence so effective communication and team working skills are essential. You will be involved in ensuring that research undertaken at MFT safeguards the well-being of patients and is undertaken within ICH Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
The post holder will be a key member of the clinical research team. They will assist in the management, co-ordination and facilitation of clinical trial activities to support delivery of current and future studies in the research team to time and target.
They will work across Research & Innovation, to support research studies across MFT as the service need dictates.
They will be expected to participate fully in their own personal development and review process in order to achieve the knowledge and skills identified in the competency framework and competencies for this post.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Paediatric Nurse on NMC register
- Degree in healthcare subject or equivalent level of experience
- Mentorship training
- Good Clinical Practice certificate
- Understanding of clinical research
- Knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice regulations relating to clinical research
Training and ExperienceEssential
- Knowledge of clinical and research governance
- Knowledge of Trust policies and procedures
- Substantial Band 6 Clinical Research Nurse experience
- Evidence of good organisational and planning skills
- Experience of change management
- Evidence of innovation
- Recent evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Teaching experience
- Experience in planning/organising workload of self and others
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Data management experience
- Audit experience
- Evidence of writing standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Involvement in informed consent process within scope of professional practice
- Awareness and respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrable IT skills including email and Microsoft office programs (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of patient information systems
- Coordinates care pathway for patients and carers participating in clinical research
- Manages, assesses and supports the physical and psychological needs of the patient and carer
- Training and leadership skills
- Evidence of IT training
- Advanced use of spreadsheets
- Knowledge of information governance
- Wide range of clinical skills including venepuncture
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive and able to work on own initative
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Team player
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Ability to delegate where appropriate
- Ability to work flexible shift pattern as required
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self motivated
- Conscientious and hard working
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to work to tight and/or unexpected deadlines
- Willingness to undertake training
- Willingness to travel across multiple sites as indicated
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively
- Demonstrate ability to meet the Trust values
- Ability to represent the division at wider Trust meetings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of research at MFT
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
RMCH, Oxford Road Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.