Are you an enthusiastic, caring and highly motivated registered Mental Health nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker looking to secure the next step in your career or to take on a new challenge within Older People's Mental Health Services? If so, come and join our friendly and innovative team where you'll enjoy a Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm working pattern and the opportunity to work across the teams in the Memory Clinic, CMHT and HTT to gain variety of experience.
You will be responsible for managing your own caseload, working collaboratively with other disciplines from both statutory and voluntary sectors as well as contributing towards the development of the service.
You may get the opportunity to take a lead in an area of special interest, such as working with carers or Younger People with Dementia. You'll also be involved in delivering training and educational programmes as well as participating in audit and research.
The role is based at Nicholson House, Maidenhead and your time in this role will be spent visiting clients in their homes in the local community so you will need a car to get to appointments. You will be required to come to the office occasionally for team meetings, training or for other service-related reasons as necessary, although currently we conduct most team meetings virtually this may change in future.Main duties of the job
- Undertaking Memory assessments of patients and conduct semi-structured interviews with family members and others involved in a patient's care.
- Using Memory assessment cognitive tests
- Assessing current risks and identify how the risk and patient health needs would be best met.
- Promoting and developing evidence - based practice working within NICE guidelines.
- Collaborating with members of the integrated Older Adults Mental health team to provide advice and support where required.
- Supervising junior staff and students.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer. We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role: Registered Mental Health nurse or equivalent. Experience of working within an integrated multi-disciplinary environment. Ability to drive and have a car for use at work
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Gbolahan Lamuye on 01189047300 or email: Gbolahan.Lamuye@berkshire.nhs.uk wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse / Social Worker / Occupational Therapist
- Willingness to undertake further personal and professional development
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with older people with mental health problems
- Two years post qualification experience
- Can demonstrate skills in assessing and managing risk in a variety of settings.
- Proven ability in assessing the needs and strengths of people and their carers.
- Ability to deliver a range of therapeutic techniques which can be incorporated into one to one and / or group interventions
- Working within an integrated multi-disciplinary environment and co-working with other teams within team meetings, case conferences and professional meetings
- Working knowledge of recent government legislation e.g. Mental Health Act, Health & Safety, Care Programme Approach, Care Act & Safeguarding
- Able to work incorporating principles of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of working collaboratively with people and their carers to ensure their involvement in the assessment and care planning process.
- Shows awareness of cultural diversity and is able to incorporate this into care planning and the delivery of care.
- Knowledge and evidence of using IT systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of audit processes
- Knowledge of carer services/ issues/ assessment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving License and access to a car.
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.