Due to the previous postholder retiring, the Deputy Director of Midwifery and Divisional Director for Family Health Division here at Kettering General Hospital are seeking to strengthen the midwifery team through the appointment of a substantive Head of Midwifery, Band 8c.
The Maternity Service at Kettering General Hospital is looking for an exceptional, inspirational, dynamic and highly experienced senior midwife whose role is key to support the implementation of the3 year delivery plan for maternity and neonatal services. This will include working across the Local Maternity and Neonatal System (LMNS), supporting choice and personalisation, and improving choice, quality and midwifery care.Main duties of the job
Midwifery care is a Kettering and a national priority with many competing facets that require a skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate leader to consistently deliver improved outcomes. As the Trust continues on its journey as part of a Hospital Group with Northampton General Hospital and as part of the local Integrated Care System the postholder would need to build effective working relationships to facilitate change across all aspects of midwifery and gynaecology care.
Your personal attributes must include a compassionate leadership style, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong influencing and negotiating skills, alignment to the Trust core values, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of colleagues and stakeholders. So, are you the highly motivated and dynamic experienced midwife looking to take the next steps in your career that we are looking for? Do you want to make a real difference to service user and staff experience? Are you able to inspire and motivate teams? If you have a passion for providing high quality care and you are looking for a development opportunity to lead midwifery care within the framework of the national maternity agenda, then we would welcome your application.About us
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey.Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighboring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values: Compassion Respect Integrity Courageous AccountableJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the Shortlisting Criteria section of the document.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mara Tonks - Deputy Director of Midwifery firstname.lastname@example.org
Joyce Cousins - Divisional Director Family Health Division email@example.comPerson SpecificationEducation, Traiing, Qualifications and ExperienceEssential
- Registered midwife.
- Further evidence of management/leadership training [or experience] and continuous professional development
- Masters level qualification in Midwifery or associated subject (or portfolio of evidence working at that level) Knowledge and Experience
- Senior Management of Midwifery Services and expert clinical knowledge and skills
- Experience at a senior level of leadership and change management in a complex environment, including a sound understanding of the performance and governance requirements of the NHS to improve service delivery and governance requirements of the NHS to improve service delivery
- Demonstrate a successful track record of delivering midwifery/nursing strategic and operational performance management and clearly demonstrating improvement in the quality of maternity & nursing care
- Experience of working and delivering Trust-wide professional midwifery/nursing objectives
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification in a management or leadership
- Experience and training in handling media
- Experience of commercial development
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.