Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: Up to 37.5 hours
Looking for a new opportunity to develop your Physiotherapy skills within the Scarborough Medical and Surgical Physiotherapy team, rotating through a number of diverse clinical areas?
In this post you will move through 4 specialist areas: ITU & Surgery, HDU, Acute Medicine (Gastro, Endocronology and Type 1 Respiratory) and the Acute Rapid Medical Assessment Unit.
We are a supportive team with opportunities to work with colleagues across a number of specialties, but we are currently looking for someone to dynamically lead and promote Physiotherapy within this specialist area.
Due to our location, Scarborough has the advantage of being able to develop skills with patients with high acuity as seen in larger hospitals, whilst having the benefit of being a close working community of a smaller hospital.
As you will also be supporting the respiratory on call rota, we can assure you that we run an excellent practical and simulation based on call training programme for physiotherapists, and bite sized practical training sessions are available throughout the year. There is an also opportunity to support the voluntary orthopaedic weekend rota.
We also able, in some circumstances, to provide financial support for people to relocate to the local area to support them to join our teams.
Please get in contact for further details.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an experienced Physiotherapist who has either some experience, or is keen to develop their skills in these areas.
You will be joining a community focused hospital in the midst of some exciting changes and development, with the added bonus of Scarborough being a fantastic place to work and live.
You will have the chance to work alongside a self-motivated and aspirational MDT, with the need to be able to assess in an effective and timely manner in the rapidly paced environment but will receive robust supervision and training.
You will have opportunities to support junior staff and students, as well as drive and lead in service development projects and quality patient care.
Please contact if you would like to arrange a visit prior to interview. Please note - if you have applied in the last 3 months and your application has not been shortlisted, please do not reapply.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- HCPC Registration Physiotherapist
- Evidence of relevant CPD activities
- Evidence of recognised post graduate experience and achieving relevant skills
- Practice placement supervisor qualification
- Experience in a relevant junior role, including the management of a range of conditions including acute elderly medicine patients, with evidence of additional knowledge acquired through formal and informal clinical supervision.
- Evidence of ability to manage complex clinical presentations
- Experience in delivering clinical treatment within Acute Medicine.
- Experience in providing on call respiratory duties in NHS environment.
- Awareness of current issues in health care Standards of Professional Practice
- Experience in assessment and provision of specialist equipment
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Experience of training/supporting others (including students) within specialist clinical area.
- Experience in the use of outcome measures to evaluate clinical treatment
- Developed/ Specialist clinical skills within relevant area
- Delivery of relevant audit projects
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate engagement with others and understanding of the impact of good and poor communication.
- Ability to work as an effective member of multidisciplinary team
- Ability to present information, written and verbally in a clear and logical manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use different communication methods and styles, relevant to specialty.
- Evidence of personal development in relevant area
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.