The Estates Maintenance Department are looking to recruit an Electrical Supervisor to join our dedicated team at the University Hospital Southampton NHS Trust. We operate across Southampton General Hospital and Princess Anne Hospital, this is a large static site.
You will have relevant knowledge and experience in an Electrical Engineering Field such as Electrical Systems up to 415Vac, IET Wiring Regulations, Building Services, Health Care Environment, Knowledge of HTM06-02/06-03.
The successful candidate will earn around �28,407 + �4,260 (Retention and Recruitment Pay) per year.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provide supervision to the team, issue work instructions, and manage staff.
- Provide Technical support to the team.
- Undertake day-to-day reactive, planned preventive maintenance and minor installation work.
- Repair equipment and fault finding
- You will work on the following Electrical systems: -
- Single phase (230VAC) and three phase (415VAC)
- Various electric motor and associated control gear including Inverters.
- POD systems
- Nurse call and fire alarm systems
- Building management system (BMS)
- Air Handling Units
- IPS and UPS systems
- Potential for LV AP duties with training provided.
What we are looking for
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in relevant Electrical trade
- Level 3 or higher vocational trade certificate in an Electrical Engineering discipline (NVQ3, C& G Level 3 or equivalent Armed Forces Qualification)
- BS 7671 (2008) 18th edition (includes latest edition) qualification
- Experience supervising staff
- Computer literate
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements
- Have a Flexible approach to working
- Participate in Electricians On call rota
- Previous experience within Healthcare Engineering
- Previous experience working with electrical safe isolation
- Experience with in other associated trade discipline
- Inspection and Testing
- Medical Gase
- LV/HV installations
- Core working hours 0730-1530 Monday- Friday, however the successful applicant will be expected to participate in an on-call roster currently 1 day in 7
- Weekday on-call requires site attendance 1400-2200hrs and 2200-0730hrs from home.
- Week end on-call requires site attendance 0730-1530hrs (paid as overtime) and on-call from home 1530-0730 hours.
Person SpecificationQualifications / training requiredEssential
- Call outs are paid as overtime or taken as lieu time. Basic salary plus Retention and Recruitment allowance.
- The Estates Maintenance Department has a demonstrable track record in developing staff to enhance personal learning through training.
- Time served apprenticeship from recognised body (CITB, City and Guilds, National Vocational Qualification, JIB, Armed Services) or equivalent in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Services discipline. Qualifications in relevant subjects to an HNC/HND level, OR equivalent level (HNC) of knowledge and practical experience achieved through experience in a hospital or similar environment.
- Expert specialist trained in electrical/mechanical services, systems, and equipment involving fault-finding, repair, inspection and commissioning in electrical and mechanical plant and systems which provides the engineering support to the smooth running of the hospital.
- Vocational qualifications, following training/courses to satisfy the Trust's ever expanding highly complex nature of equipment
Previous or relevant experience necessaryEssential
- Member of registered/professional bodies such as the IHEEM, IMechE, CISBE for the jobholder's specialist field.
- C& G 2391 Testing and Inspection
- Relevant and recent experience in similar maintenance organisation.
- Sound trade working knowledge
- Able to demonstrate leadership qualities Experience of safe system of work procedures
- Knowledge of other trade topics
- Preferably practical experience within the building services engineering contracting and maintenance industries, within the NHS or similar government organisation.
- Past supervision experience.
- Relevant experience within a national health service environment or similar government organisation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
Southampton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.