Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board needs vaccinators, or those suitably qualified who can undertake vaccinator training, urgently to help deliver one of the most vital parts of our winter preparations and preparedness. Our innovative and dynamic Immunisation teams are dedicated to improving immunisation uptake .Main duties of the jobPlease note for Welsh students, you must apply via Streamlining where all available jobs can be located
The role encompasses responsibility for clinical delivery of vaccinations and patient safety, specialist advice on immunisation issues, and the opportunity to develop skills in both independent and team working.
We welcome applicants who are trained vaccinators and can demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly across North Wales and cooperatively with colleagues both within their own team and the wider multidisciplinary teams across the whole region. You will need to be motivated, conscientious and committed to supporting us to maintain high vaccination coverage.
The post holder will be part of BCUHB Immunisation Team and will be expected to offer vaccination advice and deliver vaccinations to patients and staff. The post holder will support the safe delivery of vaccines and help increase local uptake of vaccinations and may be asked to Immunise in other settings i.e. during an outbreak or mass immunisation programme. The ability to travel is essential.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Health Care professional
- Be in compliance with basic life support for adults and anaphylaxis training
- Professional awareness and ongoing development
- Knowledge of Public Health Agenda
- National Minimum Standards for Immunisation
- Immunisation update
- General Awareness of the staff flu programme and Immunisation agenda
Aptitude and Abilities, SkillsDesirable
- Previous experience of providing immunisation services
- The ability to speak or learn Welsh to a satisfactory level.
- Good team player
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Display exemplary personal and professional standards of behaviour and integrity at all times.
- Ability to deal with verbal and written aggression in a calm and professional manner.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel throughout the Health Board in a timely manner.
- Able to undertake the duties of the role.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.