This is an opportunity for a practitioner psychologist to join the Cwm Taf University Health Board Health (CTMUHB) Health Psychology Service in a permanent, part-time post.
We are inviting applications from motivated and passionate clinical psychologists looking to make a difference to patients suffering from long term conditions that cause fatigue. This is a new and exciting development and as such you can be part of the pioneeringmultidisciplinary team, designing and delivering this service closely with service users. The multidisciplinary team is enthusiastic about incorporating the psychosocial elements to provide a seamless and holistic service and you will have many opportunities for both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary working. You will also be part of a growing health psychology department and will establish relationships with like-minded psychology colleagues working in various areas of physical health across the lifespan. There is additional funding for an assistant psychologist who will be recruited once the successful applicant for this post has taken up post.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
- To develop and ensure the delivery of a high quality and specialist psychological service for service users of the Primary Fatigue Service including assessment, formulation, intervention and consultation.
- The post holder will work as part of a multidisciplinary team within the Primary Fatigue Service.
- To ensure that appropriate intervention is offered for all people referred to the service, provided within the framework of clinical governance, which meets accepted standards of best practice.
- The post also involves providing training and supervision to other disciplines in psychological approaches.
- To participate fully in the professional activities of the Primary Fatigue Service and CTM Health Psychology Service.
You will be supervised by Dr Michelle Smalley (Consultant Clinical Psychologist in Critical Care) and we warmly invite you to make enquiries and come and visit or speak to eitherMichelle or the Primary Fatigue Service before submitting an application. Please contact us on 01443 443475 if you would like to arrange this.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification in Clinical Psychology at doctoral level (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.
- Current HCPC registration.
- Recognised training (or equivalent experience) in clinical supervision.
- Completion of a post-qualification advanced training in a formal psychological therapy.
- Additional training in evidence-based psychological interventions specific to working with people with physical health problems, particularly methods of health behaviour change.
- Considerable experience of working in multi-professional teams.
- Experience of providing both group based and individual assessments
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course
- Experience of teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision.
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- Significant experience of working in a physical health setting and working with staff.
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Clinical experience in the management of pain and/or fatigue
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Dewi Sant Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.