Due to staff development we are delighted to offer this full-time adult post to an enthusiastic and forward thinking therapist, who is passionate about adult communication and swallow assessment and rehabilitation as part of our acute team in Prince Charles Hospital
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
You will be based in Prince Charles Hospital working primarily in Stroke rehabilitation. We have regular access to instrumental assessment, good SLTA support and an in-service training program in place to support our band 5 staff.
We are looking for a natural team player with excellent communication skills who is able to think on their feet and work in a co-productive way with adult clients - always offering a patient-centred and holistic approach to intervention. You will demonstrate our health board values of listening, learning and improving treating everyone with respect and always working together as one team.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg are a friendly and compassionate team who place a strong commitment to supporting staff wellbeing, supervision and continued professional development.
You will benefit from:
- Access to FEES and VFSS clinics
- Regular in person clinical supervision
- Structured dysphagia training and NQP sign off
- Opportunities to access a broad range of CPD including B5 peer support, in house Clinical supervision Cafes, Structured teaching sessions, external courses and more.
You will be joining a department that:
- Strives to embed the principles of compassionate leadership into all aspects of its operation.
- Recognises the fundamental need for work-life balance.
- Has strong senior leadership to ensure you have skills, time and resources to perform at your best.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
We listen, learn and improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Mae Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Cwm Taf Morgannwg yn rhan o deulu GIG Cymru. Mae ein Bwrdd Iechyd yn darparu gofal iechyd sylfaenol, eilaidd a chymunedol ynghyd gwasanaethau lles i tua 450,000 o bobl sy'n byw mewn tair sir: Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr, Merthur Tydful a Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Rydyn ni'n byw yn l ein gwerthoedd craidd:
Rydyn ni'n gwrando, yn dysgu ac yn gwella
Rydyn ni'n trin pawb pharch
Rydyn ni i gyd yn gweithio fel un tm
Rydyn ni'n gyflogwr lleol balch mae tua 80% o'n gweithlu o 15,000 yn byw o fewn ein rhanbarth. O ganlyniad, nid enaid y sefydliad yn unig y mae ein staff yn ei gynrychioli, ond y cymunedau amrywiol rydyn ni'n eu gwasanaethu.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQulaifications/KnowledgeEssential
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree or equivalent qualification and a license to practice as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Knowledge of a broad range of assessment tools for adult clients.
- Knowledge of specific assessment/treatment tools for patients with communication and swallowing impairment.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice for assessment and management of clinical caseload.
- Computer Literacy.
- Understanding of Local and National Policies and relevant political drivers.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach to work.
- Skills in analysing and communicating complex assessment information.
- Ability to work as SALT/multidisciplinary team member.
- Ability to communicate in Welsh.
- Sensitive interpersonal skills including observation, listening, counselling and empathy skills with people with disordered communication skills.
- Able to relate theoretical knowledge to practice in a wide range of areas and in all aspects of patient care.
- Reflective practice theory
- Team player.
- Innovative and self-motivated.
- Resilience to emotionally demanding situations.
- Personal initiative.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel around geographical area of the UHB in a timely manner
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Prince Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.