We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Mental Health Practitioner (MHP) to join the Wigan Borough Primary Care Network Mental Health Team. This role is open to RMN, OT and Social Workers.
The Senior MHP will interface with/access support from the Neighbourhood Teams, Social Care teams, VCSE organisations and the Living Well service to strengthen the care/support being offered, and they will have the opportunity to ask the Living Well MDT to provide a keyworker role to the person when needs are assessed as being complex and require an MDT approach to improve outcomes. The Senior MHP will be a conduit between Primary Care, Living Well, secondary care and other agencies ensuring warm introductions and smooth seamless journeys for people who use the service.Main duties of the job
The Senior MHP will offer weekly slots for appointments and carry a small caseload from each practice within the PCN, assessing the mental health/social care needs of the person. As part of the wider Primary Care team, the Senior MHP will promote the service, implement early intervention, avoid unnecessary medication, referrals and hospital admissions, and support people to self-care, whenever possible.
The Senior MHP will also provide clinical and management supervision for a small number of staff.
The Senior MHP will mainly work with people who are not meeting the threshold for community mental health teams, and who are not responding to primary care mental health interventions or are not appropriate for IAPT. The role will be based in Leigh GP surgeries as part of the Primary Care Network. There may be a need to travel across the Borough to support other areas.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for full outline of roles and responsibilities. Please ensure you meet all the essential criteria as your application will be shortlisted against this. Staff benefits
Person SpecificationQualifications & ExperienceEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Qualified and registered RMN, OT or Social Worker
- Post graduate training in relevant subject
- Relevant post qualification experience in mental health services
- Post qualification experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working in primary care
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Broad range of knowledge of mental health difficulties and trauma informed care
- Demonstrate knowledge of working in primary care
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor interventions of self and others
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to manage and formulate risk
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in service development
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Wigan Borough PCN
Wigan Borough PCN
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.