BLACK COUNTRY HEALTHCARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
Physical Health Psychology, Pain Management
0.8 WTE (30 hours)
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to develop your career within our friendly and dynamic Physical Health Psychology Service. The Physical Health Psychology Service is a team of psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors who aim to assist people in adapting to and developing creative solutions for living with physical health problems. The Black Country Healthcare Physical Health Psychology Service currently operates across 3 geographical areas (Dudley, Wolverhampton and Sandwell and West Birmingham) with a number of contracts in each area. Due to service developments and staff promotions a number of vacancies are available and we would welcome conversations with those who would like to consider a single vacancy or combination of roles.
Main duties of the job
We welcome applications from experienced clinicians as well as newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) psychologists. The successful applicant will be banded according to their experience and offered an individualised and structured programme of professional development within the role. Experience of working in a physical health setting is desirable, but we are also keen to hear from applicants who have been working in other specialties, who feel they have transferable skills. The most important qualities are good communication skills, working co-operatively and thinking creatively.
The post holders will benefit from joining a supportive and enthusiastic team of practitioner psychologists and other psychological professionals who utilise a varied range of therapeutic approaches. There are opportunities to engage in CPD and supervision across a range of models, including EMDR, psychodynamic, attachment, humanistic and 3rd wave approaches. In each role you will be working alongside a Principal Psychologist and other applied psychologists and psychological professionals, with support from a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. A robust leadership and supervision structure is in place, alongside operational management.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services.
- Specialist learning disability services.
- Mental health services for children and young people.
- Community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of a Medical Consultant, Psychologist, Physiotherapist and an Occupational Therapist applying a biopsychosocial approach to chronic pain. Following assessment by the MDT a care plan is created for the client for the future management of their chronic pain condition. With respect to the psychological aspect of the assessment, the clients may be referred for 1:1 physical health psychology, PMP, counselling, or directed to an appropriate service, dependent upon their physical, social and psychological needs.
Please see job description and person specification for main responsibilities.
- oPost-graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- oPost-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice
- oHCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist with Chartered Status
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- . Trained in clinical supervision and the supervision of doctoral trainees
- . Working as a qualified applied psychologist within the designated service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across a range of care settings.
- Registration with BPS
- Experience of joint working with statutory, voluntary and private sector agencies
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
New Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.