We are looking to the future
We recognise how daunting starting at a new place of work may be. Whilst we have over 11,000 staff working here at CUH, we pride ourselves on our community atmosphere and positive team spirit. Our aim is to provide you with a supportive and inclusive environment in which you can thrive. We are committed to helping you with your on-going professional development, through our comprehensive learning & development training programmes.
We are seeking Experienced nurses with exceptional clinical and communication skills - With a clear focus to provide the highest quality care to their patents.
If you are a Newly Qualified Nurse - please apply to our next Newly Qualified Event. This will be advertised shortly on our website. If you have any questions regarding this please get in contact with the Recruitment Team.
International Nurses should follow the below link to find out how to apply to work in the UK and at CUH
If there is a specific area of work that you are particularly interested in, please include this information within your supporting statement on your application form. Please also indicate if you are looking for permanent or temporary Bank work.Main duties of the job
To provide a high standard of safe individualized, holistic and evidence-based patient focused care in consultation with the patient, relatives and the multidisciplinary team. Please see below for the areas we are currently recruiting for:
About usCome Nurse with us...
- Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Neuro Recovery
- Emergency Department
- Critical Care
- Day Surgery Ward
- Cambridge Eye Unit - Theatres
- Cambridge Dialysis Centre (CDC)
- Rosie Recovery
- Ely Day Surgery Unit
- Cambridge Infusion Centre
- Thrombectomy Services
- Overnight Intensive Recovery
- Pre Discharge
- Acute Medicine for the Elderly
- Department of Medicine for the Elderly
- Acute Admissions
- Infectious Diseases
- Renal Medicine
- Frailty Unit
- Assessment Area
- Acute Medicine
- Major Trauma
- Plastic Surgery Unit
- Ward C7 Digestive Diseases - Gastroenterology, Eating disorders and Intestinal Failure
- Ward L4 Colorectal and General Surgery
- Clinics 4a/4
- ENT Clinic
- Medical Outpatients
- Trauma and Orthopaedics Clinic
- Cambridge Movement Surgical Hub
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities. The closing date for this advert is 1st October 2023. Please note you may be invited to a remote interview prior to the closing date of the advert.
Please see below for a video showcasing the fantastic staff and patients at CUH
If you are currently working at CUH as a Staff Nurse then please review the below link as you may be suitable for our Internal Transfer Scheme. This can be viewed via Connect
connect2/article/2071/Internal-Transfer-Schemes Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Research experience and opportunities
- �1000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further �3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months rent subject to eligibility - Please note this does not apply to Bank roles
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air).
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel. We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current registration with NMC on part one or two of the register ? Newly Qualified or working towards registering with the NMC
- Teaching and assessing qualification ? Other post-basic, health-related courses evidence of continuing professional development and its application
- Proven clinical practice ? Experience of utilising reflective practice
- Experience of mentoring junior staff ? Experience of teaching junior staff ? Experience of shift: shift ward management in absence of senior colleagues ? Clinical supervision
- oNMC Code of Conduct and guidelines of professional practice oGood theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing within the clinical area oHealth and Safety awareness oQuality issues and Clinical Governance oAwareness of Trust and Ward/Department policies oAwareness of need to demonstrate a professional appearance and behaviour
- oAwareness of risk management procedure oAn understanding of the professional nursing agenda oAwareness of broader issues within the Trust and NHS
- Proven verbal and written communication ? Skills with all members of the healthcare team, colleagues, patients and relatives ? Practical application of Trust documentation standards ? Self motivated ? Ability to take initiative when required and liaise with the appropriate manager/bleep holder ? Maintenance of confidentiality ? Identify problems and recommend solutions ? Time management ? Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload ? Awareness and respect for colleagues', patients', relatives' cultural and emotional needs ? Able to remain calm and work effectively in pressured situations ? Willingness to adapt to change as the organisation develops
- oAbility to achieve competency in Trust computer systems oAbility to induct and orientate new staff to clinical area and to identify the key learning needs of less experienced staff oPractical skills teaching oAble to demonstrate practical application of health and safety in relation to acuity and patient/nurse ratio oEffective management of equipment and resources
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent. The following hazards are associated with this job role: oFlexible approach to working in line with service requirements
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-All Divisions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.