We are seeking a full time (37.5 hours per week) Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our Inpatient Unit Therapy team.
You will be joining a friendly supportive team where professional guidance is readily available. A supervision structure and opportunities for continuous professional development are strongly encouraged.
A seven-day working pattern will be required.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work under direction of the Lead Therapist helping to provide a rehabilitation service on a 1:1 and group therapy basis.They will be an excellent communicator, with the assessment and treatment skills needed for a variety of conditions including orthopaedics, neurology and amputees. Providing excellent clinical reasoning skills and giving expert advice, guidance and information to patients, health and social care professionals, carers and relatives and other non-professionals, to facilitate safe and timely discharges. The post holder will deputise for the Lead Therapist when needed, and will provide supervision for junior staff, therapy support workers and students. A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustYou'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staffWe put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust visionWe welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and agesWe don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowYou've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To deliver a complex package of high-quality healthcare including assessment, diagnosis, treatment and advice to patients with various needs including orthopaedics, care of the elderly, neurology. To provide expert advice, guidance and information to health and social care professionals, carers, and relatives. To deputise for the Lead Therapist as necessary.
Please see attached Job Description for further details
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.
Word versions of documents are available if needed to allow for any adaptations to be made i.e. font, colour, background, convert to Read Aloud.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- OT Degree or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Documented evidence of professional development
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Post-qualifying experience in a range of areas including acute, elderly care and neurology
- A clear understanding of current NHS issues, professional standards, CPD, clinical governance.
- Ability to assess patient conditions, establish the patient's problem, formulate and implement a treatment plan.
- Experience in supervising support workers and students
- Experience of participating in investigation/management of complaints.
- Ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive information requiring empathy and reassurance
- Knowledge of barriers to communication and strategies to overcome them
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, other health professionals, patients and their relatives/carers
- Ability to present information accurately, written and oral, in English
- Ability to search and review the evidence base for an occupational therapy technique
- Clinical problem solving ability in complex cases
- Ability to prioritise patient workload and delegate work to other team members
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour and patients with life limiting illnesses
- Demonstrating flexibility to meet service delivery and individual patient needs
- Good listening skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work at weekend (approximately one in three)
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Six Hills Ways
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.