Looking for a new challenge? This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, forward thinking band 6 charge nurse to become part of our Paediatric Emergency Department team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, motivated individual who can demonstrate both a good level of communication plus organisational and clinical skills as is evidenced by previous paediatric emergency department experience. We offer a supportive work environment that is committed to providing high quality care and supporting staff development.
You will work closely along side both the Paediatric Assessment Unit (PAU) and Neptune Paediatric Ward. The PAU is a 7 bedded unit co located on Neptune that has 16 in-patient beds.Main duties of the job
If successful, you will be expected to demonstrate the ability to manage both the Paediatric ED patients and environment during a shift, including staff and resources .
You will support your fellow staff and assist the Nurse in charge to ensure the delivery of safe high quality holistic care whilst maintaining patient flow.
You will ensure the maintenance of both professional standards and care, acting as a role model and expert clinical practitioner.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and well-being of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached JD for full details about this rewarding role, but responsibilities include:
- Initiating, evaluating and maintaining a high standard of care, ensuring that it is evidence based and compliant with best practice recommendations for paediatric services
- Demonstrate independence in clinical decision making, acting a source of advice to junior staff by using the nurse led discharge criteria and policy.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, acting as a visible role model in the provision of high standards of care.
- Participate in communicating and contributing to innovative planning of developments which could enhance child and family care, acting as an advocate for the child in all discussions relating to Paediatric services
- RSCN/RN (child) with current NMC registration
- MIPS/ENB 998 or equivalent
- Childrens Emergency care/Trauma course
- Plastering/CVC access/Wound closure/Cannulation & Phlebotomy
- Extensive experience in children's nursing
- Child safeguarding experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience in Emergency care setting
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.