We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, strong, visible Band 7 Ward Manager for our Cardiology ward.
The Ward Manager role is a pivotal nursing position in the delivery of excellent standards of care through effective leadership and management and so we are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse with a high level of clinical competency in the acute setting, high quality leadership skills and proven management experience to take on the challenge.
The applicant should be a dynamic and highly motivated individual, who will work closely and collaboratively with the established Multi-disciplinary team to deliver high quality, compassionate care to our patients.
This role, is based at Southport Hospital and gives the opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated nurse to manage our 22 bedded Cardiology Ward, plus 4 CCU bedded Unit.
Applicants must possess the necessary knowledge and skills outlined in the job description and the personal specification in order to apply.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be highly visible to staff, patients and relatives in their role, and deliver direct patient care whilst managing, leading, and co-ordinating the Unit. You will provide decisive and effective clinical input and demonstrate leadership qualities, effective communication skills, a flexible approach and have the ability to work under pressure.
You must be confident, hardworking and reliable, and have excellent communication skills. You will be a proactive role model, providing inspirational clinical and developmental supervision to all staff on the ward. As a ward manager, you will be expected to work some clinical shifts.
The role will also require you to be able to identify service development needs, contribute to the operational planning, development and evaluation of the service.
The role of ward manager carries 24-hour continuing responsibility for the Unit, and the postholder will primarily work Monday to Friday office hours but will participate in out of hours working to support service delivery.About us
The Secretary of State has approved the partnership between St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals and Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals.
From 1st July we have come together as a single organisation under the name Mersey & West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
The Trust delivers acute hospital care, intermediate care, community, and primary care services to a population of over 600,000 people with a combined workforce of around 9000 dedicated and skilled staff from 17 locations including Whiston, Southport & Formby, St Helens, Ormskirk and Newton hospitals.
The Trust provides regional services for burns, plastic surgery and spinal injuries to more than 4 million people across Mersey and West Lancashire, Cheshire, the Isle of Man and North Wales.
Our Vision is to deliver 5 Star Patient Care:
Our achievements include:
- CAREthat is evidence based, high quality and compassionate
- SAFETY that is of the highest standards
- COMMUNICATION that is open, inclusive and respectful
- SYSTEMS that are efficient, patient centred and reliable
- PATHWAYS that are best practice and embedded, but also respect the individual needs of patients
- Trust rated Outstanding by CQC Inspection August 2018
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers & Health Service Journal)
- Awarded National Preceptorship Accreditation (2023) for our Nursing & AHP Preceptorship Programme
Please see our Wellbeing & Benefits booklet for more information on our staff benefits.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see job description and person specification for further detail Advertising Date: 30th August 2023 Closing Date: 25th September 2023 Shortlist Date: 26th September 2023 Proposed Interview Date: 5th October 2023 Please be aware this vacancy may close early if a sufficient number of applicant is reached. Please apply at your earliestconvenience. Person SpecificationknowledgeEssential
- Evidence of working at Band 6 or above for a minimum of 2 years
- Experience within an urgent care setting
- Knowledge and experience of working within an acute cardiology setting
- Mentorship or equivalent qualification
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of ongoing CPD, specifically related to Cardiology
- Evidence of CPD relating to leadership
- Degree / Masters qualification
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of effective leadership
Southport And Ormskirk NHS TrustAddress
Town Lane, Kew
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.