Are you a highly motivated and compassionate leader who is looking to fulfil their potential at a higher grade? Within Division A we have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and supportive Matron team. We will endeavour to tailor your clinical areas of responsibility to your skill set to give you the best opportunity to thrive. We are looking for someone who is a natural role model, who consistently demonstrates the Trust values with a passion for supporting and developing others while delivering high quality, safe care to our patients. This is an important Nursing leadership role in an innovative and supportive Division here at Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust.Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
About usCome Nurse with us...
- Provide professional and managerial leadership to the relevant nursing teams and providing a highly visible and authoritative presence ensuring the provision of high quality, responsive services with the needs of the patient at the centre of care delivery
- Provide nursing leadership to assigned inpatient and theatre teams
- Work in partnership with Divisional Head of Nursing and the wider Divisional Management Team to ensure effective and efficient management of services to meet agreed standards within the resources available.
- Be accountable for all clinical aspects of quality within the service
- Maintain a visible presence where patients, carers, staff and visitors can turn for assistance and upon whom they can rely to ensure that the fundamental and specialist aspects of care are met. This includes working clinical shifts.
- Support the Divisional Head of Nursing by leading and developing nurses, nursing practice and improvements in patient care
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date is midnight on 22 June 2023
Interviews are due to be held on 3 July 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- -Current and relevant registration on NMC register -Additional relevant acute care -Clinical/nursing qualification or equivalent experience -Educated to degree level or equivalent experience -Evidence of Continuous Professional Development -Management & leadership training
- -Relevant postgraduate qualification -Recent attendance on a leadership -development programme -MSc or willing to work towards
- -Substantial experience of managing a Clinical area / Team -Demonstrable success in working collaboratively across professions and services -Demonstrable success in:- -managing change & innovative working -introducing evidence based practice -Audit Experience -Experience of co-ordination of complex discharges
- -Clinical practice and demonstrable knowledge of developments in nursing policy and practice -Clinical governance -The importance of successful partnership working -Principles of lifelong learning -Professional education and training -Workforce planning, recruitment and retention
- -Ability to lead and motivate empower others -Highly developed communications skills including: inter-personal skills liaison and negotiation skills writing and presentation skills -Advising and influencing senior managers in relation to risk management and quality improvement -Budget management -Developing and implementing policies, guidelines and projects from initiation to completion -Computer literacy -Ability to prioritise work, meet tight deadlines and work independently -Effective team worker -Ability to respond and manage emergency situations -Ability to make effective judgements in stressful situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- -The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent. -Flexibility in attitude and hours
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division A
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.