Band 5 Research Nurse
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic nurse to work within the CRN Adult Core Team to assist with a portfolio of Clinical Research studies, ensuring that studies are run to the highest standards incorporating GCP Guidelines. Appropriate training and mentorship will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop and broaden your skills!Informal visit is strongly recommended.
Full time fixed term contract until 31st July 2025 in the first instance.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Debbie Read, on email@example.comMain duties of the job
You will be a member of the NIHR CRN adult Research Nurse Team assisting in the set up and delivery of NIHR Portfolio research across the CUH Campus. You would be required to help identify Patients eligible for Clinical Trials, provide information and support for Patients entering Clinical Trials, recruit Patients to Clinical Trials using trial eligibility criteria, co-ordinate trial Patient treatment, assessment, follow-up and data collection according to specific Clinical Trial protocols. Perform extended skills such as phlebotomy, ECG and laboratory skills required to perform Research duties as in line with study protocols.About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close on Midnight the 19th of June
Interviews are due to be held on the week commencing 26th of June
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN with current NMC registration
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Teaching and/or mentorship qualification
- Proven clinical experience
- Coordination of patient care
- Experience of formal/informal teaching
- Experience of mentoring junior staff
- NMC Code of Conduct and guidelines of professional practice
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing
- Health and Safety awareness
- Quality issues and Clinical Governance
- Awareness of Trust policies
- Awareness of need to demonstrate a professional appearance and behaviour
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Research
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Understanding of the Role of the Research Nurse
- Understanding of the Informed Consent Process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to take initiative when required and liaise with the appropriate manager
- Able to remain calm and work effectively in pressured situations
- Ability to work independently but also able to operate effectively within multi-disciplinary
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations due to both workload and colleagues needs
- Practical application of Trust documentation standards
- Maintenance of confidentiality
- Identify problems and recommend solutions
- Awareness and respect for colleagues', patients', relatives' cultural and emotional needs
- Ability to undertake teaching of staff and Patients
- Competent in standard PC packages (Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access)
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills
- Competent in obtaining ECG's
- Oral Drug competencies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- Flexible approach to working in line with service requirements.
- The following hazards are associated with this job role: manual handling and exposure prone procedures.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.