An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Operation Centre for a Patient flow Manager to join our dedicated team.
You will be responsible for patient placement throughout the Trust with clinical support from the operational Matron. You will work within all specialties across the organization. Covering elective and emergency admissions following pathways in place for efficient and safe patient flow.
The Patient Flow managers work with the Operational Matron Team who provide leadership and clinical advice to ensure safe patient placement. The position allows team work with some independent working. Working within the hub of the Operation Centre and Operational team but integrating with the Divisional management teams on patient flow.
This role covers all hours including weekdays , unsocial hours of night duty and weekend day cover.Main duties of the job
As a part of the operations centre team, you will be responsible for the safe allocation of patients from the Emergency Department into appropriate wards and beds in the organization.
Ensuring flow through the hospital via the ED ,Clinics and from home. Supporting discharge back into the community. Arranging transfers between clinical areas .
To cover areas such as Surgery ,Medicine and the Emergency department managing capacity in these areas.
Liaison with neighbouring organizations to arrange the safe transfer of patients into and out of CUH.
Close liaison with all departments within the organization to ensure that patient placement is facilitated promptly and with the patient's best interests.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organization irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close at midnight on the 19th June 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on the 4th July 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
- Customer Service/ Business Admin /ITQ or equivalent professional experience.
- Secretary qualification or equivalent.
- Team leader/management qualification.
- Typing qualification or equivalent experience (if applicable).
- Specific technical/professional qualification (if applicable).
- Working knowledge EPIC.
- Including Bed Planning.
- Experience of managing staff/a busy clerical/office environment or reception service or project.
- Prioritising, planning and organising own and others tasks.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations and confrontations.
- Data entry experience and documentation.
- Previous experience of working in NHS.
- Previous experience of working with medical records.
- Previous patient flow management experience.
- Previous NHS experience in an acute setting.
- Knowledge Of Addenbrookes Clinical areas.
- Confidentiality and data protection processes and procedures.
- Customer service.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and all Microsoft office packages.
- Awareness of NHS targets and Trust priorities.
- Awareness of anti-discriminatory issues.
- Knowledge of the Trust including awareness of priorities.
- Knowledge of Trust information systems.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Ability to manage/work as part of a team Excellent communication skills including telephone, email, face to face.
- Ability to organise and manage own time and others to keep to schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and present complex data.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent IT skills - ability to use Microsoft office applications including spread sheets and email.
- Developed accurate and speedy typing and key board skills.
- Willing to take on/learn new skills.
- Ability to show attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to store and safeguard confidential documents.
- Ability to take minutes to a high standard.
- Clinical Knowledge, medical terminology and clinical experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
- To work all shift patterns required by the service. Including unsocial hours at the weekend, Bank Holidays and evenings 7 days a week.. This also includes shifts up to 0700hrs to provide cover a 24 hours service. Must have Flexibility to work all shift patterns.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital - Corporate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.