We are currently seeking a registered nurse to join our ever growing team in the Cambridge Cancer Trials Centre (CCTC) http://www.cuh.org.uk/cancer-services/research-and-clinical-trials/cambridge-cancer-trials-centre ).This is an exciting opportunity to work in the rapidly moving field of cancer research. We have a vacancy in our Women's team. This position will particularly focus on the Breast and Gynae Oncology portfolios.You will have the opportunity to work with world class medics in current cutting edge cancer therapy development.Your role will include:
Main duties of the job
- Taking a lead role in running a portfolio of research studies in the Women's team
- Approaching, screening and recruiting patients for dynamic trials/studies.
- Coordinating and facilitating patients on their journey through trials. Including liaising and networking with consultants, hospital research facilities and external agencies/companies regarding the effects of the trial/trial medications.
- Dividing your time between office based work and outpatient clinics along with specialist areas involved in facilitating clinical tria
- You will work autonomously, as well as part of a team with opportunities for personal development.
The Clinical Research Nurse will be a member of the Cambridge Cancer Trials Team. The post-holder will work closely with the health care teams associated with the multidisciplinary team.
The key responsibilities are to help to identify patients eligible forclinical trials provide information and support for patients enteringclinical trials co-ordinate trial patient treatment, assessment, follow-up and data collection according to specific clinical trial protocols. Thiswill include close liaison with relevant staff of departments includingchemotherapy, radiotherapy, pharmacy, radiology, outpatients and inpatients, Research & Development and Ethics departmentsAbout usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date is midnight on 11 June 2023
Interviews are due to be held on 23 June 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- -Registered nurse or if practitioner, a relevant biomedical degree -Evidence of continuous professional development -Post graduate qualification in speciality (research or oncology) or willingness to complete
- -Post graduate qualification
- -Relevant clinical experience in an oncology and/or clinical research environment e.g. Clinical Trials, participant recruitment and interviewing -Experience of formal/informal teaching -Supervision of junior staff -Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- -Experience of working in the research area advertised -Experience of co-ordinating REC and HRA submissions
- -Knowledge of clinical research infrastructure in the UK and of research related legislation & regulation -Understand the structure, role & functions of RECs and R& D departments -Understand the requirements of ICH Good Clinical Practice -An understanding and knowledge of the needs of patients with cancer
- -Possess current GCP Certificate -Knowledge of current therapeutic interventions and their side effects -Understanding of different phases of clinical trials
- -Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills -Demonstrate good team working and also the ability to work autonomously -Adaptable to changing situations due to both workload and colleagues needs -Ability to undertake teaching of staff and patients -Ability to work unsupervised and manage a complex workload and work to deadlines -Effective organisational skills and attention to detail -Commitment to multidisciplinary working.
- -Advanced communication course -Leadership Skills -Phlebotomy -Competent in research/database PC package -Capable of writing reports and of presenting research related information to a wide audience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- -Capable of developing liaisons with other practice areas/academic institutions. -The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-R& D Divison
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.