An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 5 or Band 6 physiotherapist looking for the next step in the progression of their career to join the Musculoskeletal Service at Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust as a Band 6 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist. CLCH is one of the largest community trusts. The successfully candidate must hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
The MSK service is led by a Consultant Physiotherapist and includes injection therapy, access to imaging, women's health, orthopaedic clinical assessment and various evidence based rehabilitation programs. You will have the opportunity to lead on projects and develop your triage skills. The CLCH MSK Physiotherapy service is committed to ongoing research and innovation which you would have the opportunity to be part of.Main duties of the job
You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of skilled senior clinicians including Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners between sites within CLCH and be involved in different treatment/management pathways.
We are looking for physiotherapists who are motivated to expand their MSK skills, actively engaged with evidence based practice and are adaptable to the rapidly changing healthcare agenda. As a friendly and supportive team, we offer wide ranging learning opportunities to help you advance your musculoskeletal career. You will be supported by experienced MSc level band 7 MSK physiotherapists and a team of specialist Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners with links to secondary care services. We provide regular in-service training as well as regular supervision.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH . Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full list ofresponsibilities. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Regularly liaise with local GPs and other Health Professionals in relation to patient care and/or health promotion. To provide comprehensive discharge reports and clinical reports in a timely manner to referrers (such as GP) and patients and other relevant multi-disciplinary team members.
- To consistently communicate effectively with patients and carers/family via clear verbal, non-verbal and written means to maximise rehabilitation potential. Use communication skills of negotiation, motivation, explanation and reassurance and working with interpreters when required.
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and sensitivity whilst providing an appropriate level of care according to the needs of the patient.
- Working with other members of the team including junior and senior members of staff.
- Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of continuing post-registration professional education and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of a special interest group relevant to this post
- CSP membership
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Edgware Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.