The opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated Band 5 Staff Nurse to join our
small and dedicated team on F4. F4 is a busy 12 bedded Infusion Day Case Unit providing Intravenous
Therapy for patients with Rheumatological conditions, we also provide infusions for the specialities of
Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Renal and Neurology.
The post holder will be responsible for providing care for patients attending the Day Case Unit,
including administering Intravenous infusions, running clinics for patients attending for injections and
the daily running of the Day Case Unit.
This will include working closely with the differing specialities that access the Day Case Unit.
Ideally applicants should show an interest or have had previous experience in this area of practice
and have a commitment to delivering quality and Individual care to patients.
It is essential that the applicant has attained their Intravenous skills competencies.
The ability to carry out cannulation and phlebotomy skills competently is desirable whilst working
towards attaining these skills is essential.
A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of
a dedicated preceptor.Main duties of the job
F4 Day Case Unit`s operating hours are Monday to Friday 07:15 -18:15, and does not open Bank holidays.
A typical shift pattern 3 x 10.5 hour shifts and 1 x 6 hour shift.
We have just been rated as Green following our recent Accreditation, something we are very proud of.
We receive consistently excellent patient feedback.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, welcoming place to work with a brilliant work life balance.
If you'd like to know more about the post or would like to have a look around the Unit please contact us on the
Informal Enquiries to: Ward Manager Suzanne Mitchell or Sister Sharon Smith 01274 365329
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare.Closing Date: 16.06.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Post registration experience, including experience of working in a relevant clinical specialty
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients demonstrating knowledge of specific needs
- Experience of working in an Intravenous infusion Day Case Unit
- Experience of working in an MDT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate - ability to use EPR
- Clinical skills specific to area of specialty
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Intravenous Skills
- Evidence of reflective practice
- Cannulation and phlebotomy Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NHS national targets and priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the defined caseload (patients/service-users/staff)
- Appropriate NMC Registration(RN/RM/RN Child)
- Degree or equivalent qualification (e.g. diploma level specialist training) or experience
- Evidence of current CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supporting Learning in Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.