We are seeking two 10 PA substantive Consultant Psychiatrists
to work with the Bradford South and West CMHT, which is based at Horton Park. The post arises from the planned retirement of a colleague later this year.
At the time of producing this job description, the post has a combination of both community and inpatient work, supporting service users in part of the South and West sector of Bradford. There is optimism that a part of the inpatient work will be taken away once a consultant colleague has been appointed to the post of an inpatient Consultant on Bracken Ward (described below).
The team provides covers a sector where the population of adults over the age of 65 is around 27,000. The post holder's division of the sector will cover a population around 13,000 patients over 65. The number of referrals to the Team as a whole (which comprises of 2.0 WTE Consultants and 1.0 WTE SAS doctor in addition to the team composition described below) in the last 12 months was 375 Memory clinic referrals, 166 referrals to the CMHT and 75 referrals to the Care Home Liaison Team. At this point there are no patients on a CTO (the highest number was 2 the year previous).Main duties of the job
This is a post set up to support both the community and the inpatient services for service users who are registered with GP practices in the Bradford South and West CMHT catchment area. Clinical duties
To provide enthusiastic, and flexible, joint clinical leadership and consultant input to the Bradford South and West CMHT alongside the Team Leader and other service leaders.
To provide Consultant Psychiatrist input into the Memory and Treatment Service (MATS) pathway, involved in the assessment, diagnosis and supporting possible medication options for people presenting with cognitive difficulties to the serviceAbout us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role. Closing Date: 3rd July 2023Shortlist: 4th July 2023Interview: 20th July 2023 TBCPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment Included on the GMC Specialist Register for Old Age Psychiatry OR within six months Approved clinician status and under S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Previous experience of Older Adult inpatient psychiatry (either in previous training role / non-training role)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent knowledge in Old Age Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psychosocial perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of SL, AAC, Ref SL, AAC, Ref SL, AAC, Ref AAC AAC AAC Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service SL, AAC Page 20 of 17 others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.