The opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Staff Nurses to join the vascular surgical team at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The successful applicant will be working predominantly in the leg ulcer clinic, but will be required to rotate to the acute vascular ward (ward 26) and the EVT (Endovenous Thermoablation of varicose veins) outpatient service, to allow the successful applicant to develop and maintain their clinical skills and competencies, and also to support the development of ward staff.
The leg ulcer clinic, based in Outpatients West cares for patients with varying types of complex leg ulceration in combination with the multidisciplinary team approach.
The outpatient EVT service is supported by a Vascular Staff Nurse who works alongside the Vascular Consultant or Vascular Nurse Specialist delivering the treatment.
Ward 26 is a busy 28 bedded mixed sex vascular surgery ward supporting patients with complex Vascular conditions, it has a multidisciplinary focus and works alongside the teams in Leg Ulcer Clinic and outpatients
Applicants do not need previous experience but do need to show an interest in these areas of practice and a commitment to the service in delivering quality compassionate and individual care to patients. A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of a preceptor.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for assessment of care needs, the implementation and evaluation of care of surgical patients.This will include working closely with the multidisciplinary team involved in care of the patients. Summary of most important Skills/Qualifications/Qualities required:RGN Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsAbility to manage time and prioritise workload
Able to work under pressure
Compassionate and diligentCapable of multidisciplinary team workEnthusiasticCaring with good listening skills.
Informal Enquiries to: Sister Haleigh Avery on 01274 383015. Informal visits can be arranged.
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare.Closing Date: 09.06.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitorJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Demonstrate interest/desire/understanding of the clinical specialty
- Previous experience in clinical speciality or wound management
- Additional relevant experience
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Ability to plan own time and that of junior staff, use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills
- Ability to assess patient needs and plan, implement and evaluate care appropriately
- Good understanding of the fundamental aspects of nursing care: oNutrition and hydration oDignity and respect oPain management oMedications management oPressure area care oInfection control oSafeguarding Vulnerable People
- Good understanding of common conditions such as diabetes and dementia. Including the physical, psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Understands the limits of the job role. Has the knowledge to recognise situations that require reporting and demonstrates the ability to escalate to a senior person where appropriate.
- Understanding of current National, Regional and Local nursing issues
- UK Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) **
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent and Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant specialist training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.