The Acute Oncology Service is seeking to recruit a motivated, forward thinking, full time Band 7 Lead Clinical Nurse Specialist. You will autonomously run the Acute Oncology Assessment area, based in Out-patients West, at Bradford Royal Infirmary, as well as in-reach across BTHFT.
This job will be the lead for the Acute Oncology Service, working alongside the MDT to provide urgent care to acutely unwell Oncology/Haematology patients. The focus is on preventing hospital admission and/or attendance at the Emergency Department. The post-holder will also provide strong and skillful nursing leadership and line-management to the Acute Oncology nursing team.
The Acute Oncology Service is a dynamic team located in the Bradford Royal Infirmary. The service provides triage and assessment of patients with acute complications relating to their on-going cancer treatment or complications from their cancer.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior nurse, with significant' post registration experience, providing acute care for patients with cancer or within a cancer related service. This includes evaluating patients, triaging admissions and coordinating care in conjunction with the medical team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced non-medical nurse prescriber, or already working towards this qualification, who can demonstrate excellent clinical care standards, strong relationships with patients and colleagues, as well as having significant post-registration experience of managing a team.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The service runs 7 days a week, between the hours of 08.00-20.00hrs and seven day working on a rota basis will be required.
You will be supported by a strong clinical and management structure, providing excellence in care, education and encouragement to maximise your potential, development and success. Closing date:
16th June 2023 (this date may change dependent on the response) Interview Date:
If you feel you are this person, then we invite you to join a highly skilled, caring and professional team as Lead Clinical Nurse Specialist.
We can offer staff gymnasiums on BRI and SLH hospital sites, final salary pension scheme including life assurance cover and advice on childcare.
Directorate: Specialist Medicine
For further details or for informal visits please contact:
Matron Haematology/Oncology - Andrea Hudson(email@example.com)
07884565389or Lead Nurse for Haematology/Oncology - Caroline Salt firstname.lastname@example.org) 07813814475Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant post registration experience (minimum of five years), including experience of working in a relevant clinical specialty
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/service users/staff demonstrating knowledge of specific needs managing and caring for patients in an Oncology/Haematology Service
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience of leading people/line management responsibility
- Experience of leading in policy development
- Experience of leading clinical audit/research and using outcome measures
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience of leading innovative practice
- Experience of independent and Team working
- Experience of project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Report writing / Presentation skills
- Computer literate - ability to use Word/Excel/Powerpoint, etc.
- Clinical credibility
- Highly developed specialist skills underpinned by theory and experience
- Highly developed analytical skills for complex situations requiring analysis
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Mentoring and advanced communication skills
- Proven evidence of change management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to make clinical judgements requiring assimilation, interpretation and decisions where there may be a range of options
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of what the NHS Constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NHS national targets and priorities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of the specific patient group
- Knowledge of research/audit in speciality
- Evidence of current CPD
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
- Management Development Training
- Appropriate NMC Registration (RGN/RM/RN Child/RSCN)
- Relevant specialist qualification or training to diploma level or equivalent experience
- Supporting Learning in Clinical Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent level of education or experience
- Evidence of further study/knowledge at Masters level or equivalent in a health-related subject
- *Non-medical prescribing qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership or management development qualification
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.