Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford
We are seeking to recruit a substantive full time (10PA) Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist to work as part of SMABS (Specialist Mother and Baby Mental Health Service). This is a community perinatal mental health service covering the areas of Bradford, Airewarfe and Craven.
This new post follows the Trust securing funding to expand the Specialist Mother and Baby Mental Health Service (SMABS) to see 5% of the birth population in 2023/24. You will be joining an expanding multi-disciplinary team to work alongside Dr Lian Chua (6PA) and an engaged, supportive and passionate multidisciplinary team. Closing Date: 3rd July 2023Shortlist: 4th July 2023Interview: 20th July 2023 TBCMain duties of the job
Assessment of new referrals and attending their formulation meetings.
- Providing pre-conception appointments and advice
- Medical review of patients as agreed in multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Attending daily huddle meetings
- Home visits when required.
- Attending multidisciplinary case review meetings whenever they are arranged.
- Attending weekly team meeting/leadership meetings.
- Attending management and academic meetings:-
- Once a month - Medical Council.
- Once a month- Community Consultants Meeting
- Once in 3 months - Peer Group Meeting.
- Once in 3 months - Regional Perinatal Peer Group Meeting
- Once a month - Team Quality & Safety Meeting.
- Support SMABS Duty Worker who triage referrals and provide advice to professionals across a range of disciplines in maternity, primary care and secondary care.
- Advising obstetricians / GP's / liaison teams / ANPs / community and inpatient psychiatrists.
- Single Point of Access, First Response and the Acute Liaison Care Pathway provide urgent assessments, advice or input may be requested.
- Trust has a dedicated IHTT team with staff including nurses, social workers, ANP and support workers. The team at the Bradford end is supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and ANP. At the Airedale end at the first instance, it is supported by ANP for medication review, for complex cases the support comes from the relevant sector consultant. When a patient is not open to sector consultant but is open to SMABS then input from postholder will be sought.
Our vision, values and goals set out our ambitions and we are all dedicated to: Our purpose(what we're here to do) - 'To create connected communities and help people to feel as healthy as they can be at every point in their lives' Our vision(our long term goal) - 'To connect people to the best quality care, when and where they need it, and be a national role model as an employer'. Our values(how we'll do it) - 'We care, We listen, We deliver' Our actions and goals(what we're focusing on) - 'All our activities will contribute to one or more of these goals: best quality services, seamless access, healthy as possible and for staff, best place to work. And O ur core statement - 'better lives, together', whether it's our staff or the communities we serve. What you will get
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Fortnightly Consultant Balint group
- Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and support to complete teaching certificate
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of �1000 per annum)
- In addition to the annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract, 10 days additional (on pro-rata basis) Time Off In Lieu.
- Generous relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Advanced health and wellbeing offers.
Main Duties Continued...
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Assisting trust sponsored research projects.
- Supervision of nurse prescribers.
- Giving clinical advice to team members as and when needed.
- Responsibility for assessment of emergencies, including assessment under the Mental Health Act 1983 and Section 136 assessments as part of on-call rota.
- To provide cover to community consultant colleagues on a mutually agreed basis.
- Participation in on-call rota.
- Preparing reports and attending mental health tribunals for patients on Community Treatment Orders. Currently there are no CTOs on the case load.
- Reviewing and preparing reports for patients subject to Sec 37/41 of the Mental Health Act 1983. Currently there are no patients subject to Section 37/41 of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- The regional Mother and Baby Inpatient Unit is in Leeds.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- GMC Specialist Registration
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- MRCPsych or equivalent Scr Additional clinical qualifications.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent knowledge in general adult psychiatry and experience of perinatal specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Fieldhead Buisness Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.