We are looking to recruit a Clinical Psychologist to join the Bradford and district community health team for adults with learning disabilities.The service is a friendly and well established multi-disciplinary team. You will provide a psychological service to adults with learning disabilities both directly and indirectly with families and carers. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and other agencies to meet the needs of people with learning disabilities providing consultation, supervision and training, as well as helping promote the implementation of psychologically informed care. There are opportunities for training and development within the department and the successful candidate will be supported to develop their interests.
The post is advertised as full time but part time hours will be considered.
This post can be offered as a preceptorship (7/8a) post for final year trainees due to qualify in autumn 2023.
Closing Date: 2nd July 2023
Shortlisting Date: 3rd July 2023
Interview Date: 19th July 2023Main duties of the job
- Provide specialist evidence based psychological assessment, formulation & therapy, making autonomous clinical decisions about own professional practice.
- Provide clinical leadership, supervision, consultation and advice on psychological therapies.
- Provide clinical consultation and advice to healthcare professionals across all localities.
- Support adherence to relevant NICE guidance and clinical governance arrangements.
- To ensure the clinical effectiveness of own practice and of service functioning by undertaking research and development activities relevant to the service area.
- Work with the Team/Clinical Manager on service development, leading research and development activities.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: -We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value differenceWe Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needsWe Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral training in psychology
- Post qualification experience as a psychologist
- experience working with people with a learning disability
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Involvement in developing training/teaching
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
44 Queens Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.