Hours: 22.5 hrs per week Fixed term for 6 months Most attractive aspect of the Post:
The post offers the successful candidate a chance of caseload management in a community setting .Working one to one with patients referred into the service the successful candidate will benefit from being part of a forward thinking dynamic team working towards the goals and outcome measures of the commissioning pack for Cardiac Rehabilitation.
The post holds many development opportunities and offers a chance to manage an autonomous caseload and plan care around patient centred goalsMain duties of the job Brief Description of the Role:
The successful candidate will work the hours over 5 days Monday - Friday and manage a caseload of cardiac rehabilitation patients within the community setting. The service is home visit / clinic based. You will also work on the ward providing stage 0 of the commissioning pack pathway.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Informal Enquiries to:
- Two years post registration experience, 1 of which must be in recent CVD care
- Understanding of the Commissioning guide for Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Clinical Governance awareness.
- Participation in Clinical supervision.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate level of self awareness, strengths and weaknesses.
- Clinical assessment skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Ability to delegate, supervise and support colleagues
- Negotiation / influencing skills
- Ability to manage conflict professionally
- Ability to give and accept constructive criticism
- Change management skills
- Experience of implementing research based practice
- Audit and research awareness
- Presentation skills
- Experience of project management
- Ability to network as appropriate
- To maintain accurate records, both written and electronic.
- Manage risk and report incidents as appropriate and in accordance with the trust reporting mechanism.
Sue CrossleyCardiac Rehabilitation Lead Nursemobile 07903 700454
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, final salary pension scheme including life assurance cover and advice on childcare.Closing Date: 31.05.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- oTwo years post registration experience, 1 of which must be in recent CVD care
- oDemonstrate leadership skills.
- oEvidence of ongoing professional development
- oMust be willing to undertake further training and education as required.
- oResearch awareness.
- oVenepuncture or willingness to work towards.
- oClinical assessment skills
- oExcellent communication and interpersonal skills
- oAbility to work independently and as part of a team
- oAble to work on own initiative
- oGood time management skills
- oAbility to delegate, supervise and support colleagues
- oNegotiation / influencing skills
- oAbility to manage conflict professionally
- oAbility to give and accept constructive criticism
- oAble to accommodate flexible working
- oCurrent valid driving licence
- oHepatitis B immunity
- oChange management skills
- oExperience of implementing research based practice
- oAudit and research awareness
- oPresentation skills
- oExperience of project management
- oAbility to network as appropriate
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of what the NHS Constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues.
- oRegistered Nurse (Level1)
- oCurrent NMC registration
- oRelevant experience / qualification or training in CVD
- oRelevant teaching and assessing qualification
- oCar owner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oFirst Degree (or working towards)
- oIndependent Nurse Prescribing qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- oExperience of working within primary care.
- oExperience of Cardio exercise programmes.
- oCultural awareness, experience of working with ethnic minority groups
- oKnowledge / understanding of Primary Care
- oExperience of previous service development
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.