Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to join a forward thinking OD team who arefriendly, collaborative, passionate and future focussed?
Here at Bradford Teaching Hospitals Trust we are looking for a passionate and creative individual to join our Organisation Development team as an OD practitioner to support our workforce to Thrive and develop.
The exciting proposition we have for the right person is to bring your unique skills, drive and motivation to help create a thriving community where everyone can learn grow and reach their full potential. Taking the lead on Thrive our digital platform that incorporates the things we know make a difference to someone at work - Wellbeing, Development, Having a voice, reward and recognition that forms part of the bedrock of our culture.
BTHFT are a disability confident employer this means that individuals who identify themselves as disabled will be automatically shortlisted provided they meet the essential criteria for the post as contained in the person specification, and will not be subject to further sifting.
If you are forward thinking, open to new ideas, innovative and engaging with a commitment to enable the Trust to become an outstanding organisation and a great place to work this could be for you!Main duties of the job
To support a range of OD development activities and interventions across the Trust. The post will oversee the co-ordination and delivery of 'Thrive' designed to support our workforce to be the best they can be and enable the Trust to become an 'outstanding' organisation.
'Thrive' is about creating a community at BTHFT where everyone can learn, grow and reach their full potential. It is an approach that incorporates all the things that can make a difference to someone at work . This is one of the ways we are bringing to life the NHS People Promise.
The postholder will take a lead role in identifying what needs to be done to bring 'Thrive' to life, taking a project management approach to develop and deliver a programme of activities and initiatives that will support 'Thrive' to become 'how we do things' at BTHFT and underpin Trust values. They will support leadership programmes and team development and foster a culture of innovation and continuous learning.
They will be expected to develop initiatives with key stakeholders, co-ordinate the delivery of activities and determine a series of outcomes and key metrics that will demonstrate actions have been successful. They will develop a plan to support the embedding of 'Thrive' as part of the culture at BTHFT. In addition they will support staff engagement, including staff surveys and working closely with the Comms team where there is a developmental aspect in a Corporate Event.
The post will line manage the engagement officer.About us
A flexible approach to work is required. Requirement to work at all hospital sites.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
By bringing together the wide range of skills and expertise across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we are working differently, innovating and driving forward change to deliver the highest quality care. By working for Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust this is your opportunity to be a part of that change.
WYAAT is the acute sector arm of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership, one of the largest integrated care systems in the country. The Partnership's ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and wellbeing, and the work of WYAAT, and each individual trust, supports that ambition.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For Further information regarding the job please refer to job description and person specification attached for the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience in design and delivery of OD diagnostics and interventions.
- Experience of embedding cultural change in a complex situation or organisation.
- Proven experience of leading projects in a challenging environment.
- Application of key project management tools ( such as case for change, PID, project plan, risk log, highlight reports).
- Experience of working with individuals and groups both virtually and face to face.
- Ability to initiate design and deliver complex programmes to meet organisational need.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex, sensitive information.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to analyse performance data and provide meaningful information.
- Confidence to work with and constructively challenge colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills virtually and in person with the ability to build rapport and communicate with large groups of diverse staff.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt and change plans.
- Ability to scope and contract, gather data and design appropriate and impactful solutions to delivering engaging interventions, as well as evaluating short, medium and long term impact.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Line management experience.
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality.
- Specialist OD knowledge (strategic, national and local OD) and up to date knowledge of strategic developments (eg. clinical strategies impacting on workforce).
- Knowledge of service and quality improvement methodologies and approaches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Further specialist training and/ or qualification in project management or change management.
- Coaching qualification (e.g. ILM5 or above).
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.