We have a fabulous opportunity for a Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our Dementia Rapid Response Team.
We would welcome applications from newly-qualified nurses or soon-to-be qualified nurses (students in their final year).
You will work closely with Cubley Court, MDT and the Discharge team to ensure smooth and safe transition of patients from the ward environment to community settings, ie patient's own home or care home setting.
You will also have close links with the Community Mental Health Teams, GPs, Social Care and Care Homes.
There is an expectation that, alongside the MDT, you will be able to assist in making complex decisions and formulate detailed person-centred care plans to assist in the discharge process and prevent hospital re admissions where appropriate.Main duties of the job
You will need to be enthusiastic, resourceful and caring and have excellent communication skills.
You will need to demonstrate an awareness of mental health and knowledge of working with Older Adults.
In return, we offer a full induction, development of knowledge, skills and confidence in relation to all aspects of the post, as well as contributing to service improvements/development within the team.
We work closely with families and carers as well as other services, including social services, who may be involved in supporting our patients who have complex needs.
We cover Derby City and the surrounding areas of Derbyshire. The appropriate candidate will hold a full UK driving licence and access to suitable transport.
Professional development for further learning is encouraged and you will receive robust clinical and managerial supervision, alongside the wider support and in-house training.
You will be expected to provide supervision to team members and mentor students.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the Trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a forward-thinking trust who put patients at the heart of everything, and work within a set of trust values for patients and staff:
Person SpecificationQualifications, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Carrying out complex assessments
- Carrying out supervision for junior staff
- Carrying out reviews of patients in their own homes/care homes
- Supporting carers
- NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Supervision training
- SSSA Trained
- Recent and relevant experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to suitable transport for work purposes
- Full, valid UK Driving Licence
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.