Looking for your dream job? Are you ready for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Staff Nurses to join our
Respiratory team on ward 23. The ward includes Respiratory High dependency Unit (RHDU) and the Acute
respiratory care unit beds (ARCU).
Ward 23 is a 26 bed respiratory ward incorporating a RHDU and ARCU. The higher level of nursing care and expertise involved in caring for these patients is reflected in the registered nurse to patient ratio. The RHDU beds offer level 2 care with registered nurse to patient ratio of 1: 2. This enables nursing staff to provide high quality nursing 24/7. We also accommodate patients into our ARCU, these are our RHDU step down beds. These beds are staffed with one registered nurse and one Healthcare Assistant to four patients.Main duties of the job
Applicants do not need previous experience as training will be provided however applicants need to demonstrate enthusiasm in caring for acutely ill respiratory patients with a high level of dependency.
A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of the training department, respiratory specialist nurses and the physiotherapy department.
The ward has a specific respiratory training programme for staff including in depth study days. All new staff will be supported with a 6 week preceptorship period and long term training package. All flexible working arrangements will be considered.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for assessment of care needs, the implementation and evaluation
of care programmes for patients receiving acute and chronic programmes of care and therapy relating to
the specialties on the ward. This will include working closely with the multidisciplinary team involved in care of the patients. Summary of most important Experience/Skills/Qualifications required:
Genuine interest in caring for acutely ill respiratory patients
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage time and workload. Capable of multidisciplinary team work
Enthusiastic and caring with good listening skills
. Enquiries to: Senior Sister Alex Bastow on 01274 364404 - Ward 23 Visits welcome please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, final salary pension scheme including life assurance cover and advice on childcare.Closing Date: 09.06.23 (this date may change dependent on the response)Interview Date: To be confirmedPerson SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Able to work in a team.
- Genuine interest in caring for patients with acute / chronic medical conditions specialising in respiratory
- Good verbal and written command of English
- Smart and professional appearance
- IV skills
- Phlebotomy skills
- To understand Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of what the NHS Constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the care of the acutely ill adult (specifically respiratory)
- Basic life support skills
- Teaching and Assessing in practice qualification
- 1year experience in cardiology / respiratory
- Preceptorship skills Educational qualifications specific to specialism
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience/ working towards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise and delegate work of self and others
- Positive attitude/ self-motivated
- Supportive of others
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Team worker- flexible and reliable
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.