A rare opportunity within the clinical strategic sourcing team within Cambridge University Hospitals has arisen due to the expansion of clinical demands in the trust.
We are looking for motivated, self-starting, resourcefulindividuals who are keen to join a growing Procurement and Supply Chain organisation to deliver value through the execution and delivery of strategic business intelligence, procurement, and category management.
As an Assistant Purchasing Manager, you will report to the Senior Purchasing Manager and Purchasing manager and have responsibility for the delivery and implementation of strategic contracts on the system from the point of opportunity analysis, through an award with the aim of comparing costs, quality, and service to secure best value for the Trust you will be in charge of the system side of strategic sourcing and have interaction from all Purchasing Managers.
In the first instance, you will be focused on a strategic sourcing project of the new orthopedics theaters opening in September 2023, the biggest transformation for our orthopedics department we have even see at CUH, although the portfolio will evolve over time.Main duties of the job
Working under the leadership Senior Purchasing Manager and business intelligence manager, the Assistant Purchasing Managers will help strategic sourcing team for specific products and services with both clinical and non-clinical categories.
Key aspects of a typical sourcing project include: Monitoring of demand and identification of sourcing opportunities to determine goods, looking after the contracts on the system for all clinical and non-clinical, Development and sign-off of business cases to support go-to-market strategy, Interface with users to ensure their needs and requirements are understood and accurately captured especially within the procurement department, Working with business intelligence to cleanse the system, to enable strategic sourcing to obtain correct date, Evaluate finance options and ensure approval by divisional users, Delivery of fit-for-purpose sourcing solutions for clinical and non-clinical products and services making, Sure system matches what contracts are in place and Implementation of new contracts and Service Level Agreements.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close at midnight on the 18th June 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on the 21st June 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of a range of statistical/numerical techniques, procedure acquired through qualification to degree level equivalent relevant experience.
- Working towards CIPS.
- ECDL qualified to level 2 or equivalent.
- Comprehensive experience of working within a business / commercial / financial environment in private or public sector.
- For the Operational Procurement post, candidates should have experience of managing a team in a transactional / business process / administrative environment, preferably in a customer facing / service delivery role.
- For the Strategic Sourcing post, candidates with a strong interest in Sourcing, Procurement and Contracting with some medical / clinical experience would be preferred.
- Experience of working in a Procurement or Supply Chain organisation with a track record or delivering value.
- Experience of working in a Pharmaceutical or Healthcare organisation.
- Managing / supervising a customer facing function delivering a service offering.
- Good business acumen with knowledge of typical Sourcing and Procurement practices and policies in a commercial / business / financial environment in private or public sector.
- Knowledge of delivering and / or managing a process compliantly to a policy, standard or regulatory framework in a private or public sector environment.
- Approaches to managing customers in a service environment.
- Knowledge of how to motivate and manage a team in the delivery of a high volume of transactional, repetitive works.
- Knowledge of developing Procurement or Supply Chain relevant business practices in a private or public sector environment
- We are looking for people who are motivated and self-starting, can demonstrate business acumen and are confident to act on their understanding, are keen to develop and can demonstrate tenacity, drive and good people skills.
- Strong people skills including ability to manage relationships and expectations.
- The skills / ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements and demands on your time.
- Ability to work under pressure under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good analytical comprehension and excellent attention to detail.
- A high standard of personal Presentation.
- Confident, professional and welcoming Personality.
- Ability to deal with high profile clients in a professional manner.
- Good standard of IT competence with Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Able to concentrate and focus on a range of complex issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital - Corporate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.