We have opportunities available for a registered nurse to join the UKâ€™s leading heart and lung transplant theatre team. Do you feel you are the right candidate to join our dynamic and friendly team?
This post will involve the care of the patient and the preparation of specialist equipment for various types of cardio-thoracic procedures. In addition to this you will be trained to support the theatre team throughout surgery and also to complement our Transplant, PTE, VAD and ECMO services.
As the largest and leading specialist cardiothoracic hospital in the UK, Royal Papworth Hospital is dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible care through the excellence of our caring staff.Main duties of the job
If you are looking for:
- A challenging and rewarding role in our patient centered department
And possess the following attributes including:
- Effective communication at all levels and disciplines within the department and wider hospital
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Strong work ethic
- Full time (24/7 shift requirement) + departmental and transplant service on-call commitment
- Band 5 Salary range
- Comprehensive orientation and support package provided
- Professional development opportunities including ILS and CALS
If you are interested and want to be a part of our exciting future, or would like further information, then please get in touch with the details below.
Applicants should refer to the Role Profile attached to advert for full information about the roleAbout us
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the UKs leading heart and lung hospital, delivering care to more than 50,000 patients a year in its new state-of-the-art hospital in Cambridge.
It performs the most heart and/or lung transplants in the UK and carried out the UKs first successful heart transplant in 1979. It also offers emergency heart attack treatment, sleep centre care and is one of just five centres nationally for those in severe respiratory failure. Based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus the largest centre of medical research and health science in Europe the Trust is at the heart of treatments of the future.
Royal Papworth became the first hospital trust in the country to be rated outstanding in all five areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission - a rating it still holds today.
The Trust holds its values of compassion, excellence and collaboration at its core, and all colleagues joining the team are expected to uphold these in their day-to-day roles and interactions.
Royal Papworth is proud of its diverse workforce and encourages people to embrace their individuality. The Trust values difference and welcomes all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Providing they meet the minimum post criteria, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
On this page you will find a Role Profile which provides information about the hospital and full details about the role. We recommend that you review this and refer to it as you complete your application. Please include how you will meet the Trust Values Compassion Excellence Collaboration. If you would like more information about the role or working at Royal Papworth Hospital, please get in touch with the contact for this role.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Ability to treat all patient/employee information confidentially
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate information verbally which maybe sensitive/difficult
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work flexibly
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Evidence of working within a similar environment
- One years previous experience
- Ability to uphold the Trusts values Compassion Excellence Collaboration and associated behaviour standard at all times
- Registered Professional either Registered Nurse (NMC) or Operating Department Practitioner (HCPC)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Mentorship/teaching qualification
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Papworth Hospital
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.