The Trust has a longstanding history of providing residential accommodation for staff on a short and medium term basis close to the delivery of acute services and this is a key enabler in recruiting, retaining and supporting staff and students; as such the provision of this service is viewed as core business.
The Accommodation Team Leader will play a key role in the Trustwide Accommodation Services in achieving priority refurbishments and upgrades in the Keyworker Accommodation on the Scunthorpe Hospital site. The majority of the works to be carried out are of a plumbing/joinery bias. The individual will also support the Accommodation Maintenance Team in the delivery of reactive maintenance and maintenance programmes that will contribute to the Trusts objectives been carried out in a safe, cost effective, efficient manner and compliant with legislation, Health Technical Memorandums (HTM) and good practice.
This is an eighteen month fixed term post and the post holder will undertake works relating to the maintenance and repairs of Accommodation properties, equipment, grounds & gardens ensuring compliance with Statutory requirements, HTM's, Trust Policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and functional environment for patients, public and staff to support the delivery of patient care.
Please note that interviews will be held on 9 June 2023Main duties of the job
- To line manage and support the Accommodation Teams at the two main accommodation sites within the hospital grounds with the delivery of maintenance services in a safe, cost effective, efficient manner and compliant with legislation and good practice.
- To undertake building maintenance, ensuring compliance with Trust Policies standards and procedures
- To ensure that building compliance is maintained at all times.
- To display a high standard of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service
- To ensure that maintenance repairs are conducted in a timely manner in order to avoid putting rooms out of service.
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values; kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
\We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that all newemployees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- oHNC / Level 4 Apprenticeship Diploma or equivalent, or relevant demonstrable experience in mechanical, electrical engineering commensurate with the requirements of the role
- City & Guilds Level 2 or NVQ level 3 equivalent in plumbing
- oOr Advanced modern apprenticeship in plumbing
- oOr relevant plumbing experience with demonstrable experience appropriate to the requirements of the role
- oA recognised form of computer skills training for Spreadsheets/ databases or ability to demonstrate effective use of programmes.
- oCity & Guilds Level 2 or NVQ level 3 equivalent in Joinery
- oOr an advanced modern apprenticeship in Joinery
- oOr relevant Joinery experience with demonstrable experience appropriate to the requirements of the role
- oHND / Level 5 Apprenticeship Diploma or equivalent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.