Job summaryCome and work in a Team who have an aim 'To inspire and develop, so that people feel enabled to achieve success'
A fantastic opportunity to join the Swansea Bay University Health Board Finance Team has arisen & we are looking for an exceptional candidate who can operate in a fast-paced & exciting environment & who can bring both previous experience but also innovative thinking & a dynamic approach to the team.
You will be a CCAB fully qualified accountant, with experience of operating at a senior management level, experience of leading a team & a high level to technical expertise. You also will have excellent interpersonal, presentation, analytical & problem-solving skills & have experience of dealing with difficult situations & the ability to handle conflict in a positive & professional manner. You will be a compassionate & strategic leader & be able to effectively communicate & build strong working relationships with a range of internal & external stakeholders at all levels. Agile Working
We recognise the need to develop modern working practices to enable our employees to maximise their performance & productivity whilst maintaining a good work life balance & so have adopted an Agile working methodology supported by the Health Board Home Working Policy & the Departments Agile Working approach.
Interviews Scheduled: Wednesday 14th June 2023Main duties of the job
To lead several teams within the Finance Directorate ensuring full compliance with HR policies and procedures, and the full development of staff within each section as well as driving forward innovative thinking.
To support the leadership within the wider finance function and the vision of the function '
To inspire and develop, so that people feel enabled to achieve success.'
Lead for the Health Board on the financial support to Service Groups/Directorates through the finance business partnering teams and that these teams operate as embedded partners within their relevant operational teams, whilst maintaining their professional accountability to the Finance Department.
Responsible for the delivery of the Health Boards revenue position including the allocation of resources across the Health Board both as part of budget setting and in year adjustments, overseeing the closedown on the monthly revenue position and reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance and presenting options and variables on the wider management of the Health Board revenue position.
Work in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Finance (Strategy & Planning) and the Finance Business Partners to lead and deliver on the development, implementation and delivery of the Health Board's IMTP Financial Plan from a revenue perspective.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex; religion or belief; race; age; sexual orientation; gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- CCAB professionally qualified accountant with extensive post qualification experience.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Expert knowledge across various financial disciplines including financial and accounting procedures, financial & other aspects of legislation and NHS finance policies.
- In-depth professional specialist knowledge of finance management, strategic & staff leadership roles.
- Understanding of developing best practice in the NHS within the UK nations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Significant senior level experience in a complex NHS organisation.
- Significant experience of working with Senior Executives and Senior Clinical Leads.
- Significant experience in developing business cases.
- Significant experience in the management and delivery of service change programmes.
- Significant experience of successfully managing large and complex revenue budgets.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a large and diverse team, with a record of achievements at a senior level.
- Experience of strategic level financial planning and management, including the development of annual, medium and long term strategies.
- Experience in delivering within challenging financial situations, including financial turnaround.
- Highly developed analytical, interpretational and comparative skills. Capable of dealing with highly complex and sensitive information to support rational decision-making.
- Ability to work autonomously and equally effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrable ability to work on multiple complex tasks simultaneously and produce high quality work within tight deadlines and within resource constraints.
- IT literate with practical computer application skills covering Microsoft products including advanced level of Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrable project management skills including work planning, organization, prioritization and risk management/ mitigation.
- Ability to think innovatively and develop new ways of working, continuously striving to improve systems and performance.
- Experience of delivering highly complex information to a diverantagonism and significant resistance to the messages conveyed such as in discussions or consultations (e.g. with managers, clinicians, staff, patients) about contentious business changes, so as to address barriers to acceptance and change with the aim of influencing people to obtain buy-in.se range of people in ways suited to the audience in one to one and group situations. This includes contexts where there isantagonism and significant resistance to the messages conveyed such as in discussions or consultations (e.g. with managers, clinicians, staff, patients) about contentious business changes, so as to address barriers to acceptance and change with the aim of influencing people to obtain buy-in.
- Proven track record of successfully introducing service improvement or successful management of significant organisational change in a complex environment.
- Ability to influence at all levels and a highly strategic thinker.
- Significant experience supported by training of recruiting and managing professional staff in line and virtual teams over a period of time including mentoring and continuous professional development.
- Can demonstrate SBU values
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Strategic Approach (clarity on objectives, clear on expectations)
- Relationship Building (communicate effectively, be open and willing to help, courtesy, nurtures partnerships)Personal Credibility (visibility, approachable, back bone, courage, resilience, confidence, role model, challenge bad behaviour, manage poor performance, act with honesty and integrity)
- Passion to Succeed (patient centred, positive attitude, take action, take pride, take responsibility, aspire for excellence)
- High level of interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others at all levels in the service, demonstrating political and diplomatic skills and awareness of organisational culture, the sensitive, confidential or controversial nature of material and the tactful and appropriate use of it.
- Be able to communicate in hostile, antagonistic atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate with internal staff and external agencies to ensure compliance with performance targets, strategic objectives.
- Developed ability to listen and take input from others, amending stance appropriately
- Ability to analyse, interpret and make judgements in relation to substantial amounts of complex data so as to make reasoned, logical deductions and plans.
- Ability to plan workload considering conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of looking at the effective and efficient deployment of resources using a range of techniques.
- Highly developed persuasive, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead and manage the motivation, conduct, performance and activities of other people
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement guidance.
- Results oriented, highly self-motivated and dynamic self-starter with a pro-active, have a flexible approach to the needs of the service and have an adaptable approach.
- Positive attitude towards learning and development, demonstrated by a record of consistent personal, career and continuing professional development. Values Can demonstrate SBU values
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.