The Division of Integrated Medicine, is looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic, forward-thinking General Manager for Gastroenterology inc Endoscopy to complement the Divisions senior management team. This post is a key senior leadership role that will help us shape the way our business is delivered. Some of the key deliverables are:
Responsible for the operational delivery, performance and governance for an agreed portfolio of clinical services. This will generally consist of between one to three service areas depending upon the size and complexity.
Lead Service Delivery Unit teams to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high-quality patient centred services, service development and change programmes, driving innovation and integration, modernisation and high levels of staff and patient satisfaction.
Responsible for the delivery of financial, quality, performance, productivity and workforce targets, local and national, as agreed through the business planning, appraisal and personal development processes.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining internal controls to assure delivery of financial management and the deployment of resources in line with the Trust's financial plan and in accordance the Trust's financial governance requirements. This will include delivering contracted activity levels and managing related pay and non-pay expenditure within agreed budgets, achieving required levels of cost improvement and underpinning service line profitability.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we're a great place to work!
- To ensure that the services meet all relevant contractual, regulatory and performance requirements, including on-going assessment of future demand and capacity requirements.
- To be accountable for the effective performance of these services, demonstrating achievements against national and local requirements.
- To integrate the work of the medical, nursing and other professional staff in the management of these services, working in close conjunction with the Service Delivery Unit Leads and Head of Nursing, including identifying opportunities for growing, improving and re-designing services, in line with overall organisational strategy.
- To ensure the optimum use and management of resources within the Trust's corporate governance framework and ensure the directorates fully comply and demonstrate value for money in all transactions.
- To be responsible for the budgets for the agreed portfolio of clinical services. Plan activity, to contracted levels and required quality standards, within the resources available, working in close collaboration with the Service Managers and Clinical Leads.
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop staff to maintain the highest level of staff morale and to create a climate within the agreed portfolio of clinical services, characterised by high standards and openness.
- To ensure the contributions and perspectives of all staff are heard, valued and influence management decision making within these service.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEnducation / QualificationEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- oEducated to degree level or equivalent qualification/experience
- oPost graduate qualification or equivalent
- oEvidence of continuing professional development including management studies
Skills, Abilities and AttributesEssential
- oSignificant operational management experience
- oNHS/ public sector experience and knowledge, including up-to-date knowledge and understanding of NHS system reform policy and other key policy drivers
- oDemonstrable success in building, leading, motivating and developing multi-disciplinary teams as a highly effective people manager
- oProven experience of effective performance and budgetary management and control, including achieving annual targets on a regular basis
- oProven success in business planning and in the development of business cases
- oExperience of leadership of operational change/project management while also developing and maintaining high standards of quality
- oStrong and effective leadership and people management skills
- oStrong influencing, persuasion and negotiating skills
- oHighly developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences, including chairing of meetings
- oAbility to work with and through others
- oAbility to perform well under pressure and manage unpredictable workload with conflicting priorities
- oQuality focused with an innovative approach and the ability to solve complex problems
- oAbility to develop effective networks and work collaboratively with internal and external partners
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.