rb&hArts is looking for an experienced and creative project manager to work on our visual arts programme, in a full time post on a 12 month contract.
rb&hArts is an innovative arts programme based at Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals. It is designed to improve the clinical environment, improve patient experience and enhance the wellbeing of our patients, staff and the greater hospital community.
This is an exciting and busy role focusing on designing thought provoking and welcoming hospital environments. This may involve managing new art and design commissions, helping curate our temporary exhibition programme or finding ways to utilise our current art collection. Collaboration is key and all our projects aim to inspire creativity by providing creative opportunities for staff and patients to engage in.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a creative project manager who has experience of managing site specific art commissions and projects in public spaces. The ideal candidate will be organised, dynamic, conscientious and considerate. The role involves liaising with many different hospital teams and working closely with vulnerable patients in often difficult situations so knowledge of healthcare environments and routines would be an advantage.
This role has been designed to support the work of the visual arts programme for Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals', concentrating on ways to enhance and improve the hospital's built environment with the use of art and design. This role will focus on managing a variety of exciting visual arts projects, as well as supporting other parts of the programme such as temporary exhibitions, collection management, external collaborative projects, creative workshops and events relating to the visual arts and the wider rb&hArts' programme.About us
Heart, Lung and Critical Care (HLCC) is a new leading clinical group for rare and acute heart and lung diseases in London. It forms part of the 2021 merger with Guys & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust that brought together five key locations - Royal Brompton, Harefield, St Thomas', Guy's and Wimpole Street Hospitals. This has created an extraordinary critical mass of knowledge, experience and diversity.
Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Charity funds innovative treatment, equipment and research at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals that fall outside of NHS funding.
The charity funds rb&hArts, an innovative arts programme at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. It is designed to improve the clinical environment, improve patient experience, and enhance the wellbeing of patients, visitors, staff and the local communities surrounding each hospital. The department manages a permanent collection of 1,200 artworks, hosts temporary exhibitions, delivers bespoke visual arts commissions, and runs an innovative participatory arts programme, comprising of music on the wards and workshops.
rb&hArts is a small and dynamic team which develops and runs year-round creative activities both in the two hospitals and for the local community. This new role offers an excellent opportunity to develop key skills needed to work effectively in the arts and health sector and will encompass project management, evaluation, fundraising and arts administration.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesProject Management:
- Responsible for all aspects of project management for visual art projects within Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals. This will include:
- Developing initial design briefs
- Commissioning artists
- Managing project related activities and engagement programmes
- Overseeing design development and feedback from key stakeholders
- Managing project budgets
- Coordinating installation of artwork
- To be the key contact for all artwork and project requests and responsible for prioritising projects accordingly
- Engaging participants (patients, relatives, staff and the local community) in the co-design, delivery and promotion of all projects.
- Research suitable artists, designers and creative networks for projects with emphasis on commissioning under-represented artists and designers.
- To utilise artworks from the collection when appropriate.
- Responsible for the smooth delivery of project related activities such as workshops, feedback sessions and installation of artwork
- To work collaboratively with our key partners at both sites, ensuring they are informed of activities.
- To support and influence rb&hArts wider communication, marketing and social media campaigns by documenting all project activities and selecting appropriate content to promote projects via these streams.
- To collect evaluation data on all projects to help inform fundraising applications and reports.
- To support the ongoing audit of the collection, including helping to manage volunteers assigned to this role.
- To assist with the development of a new collections management software programme for the collection and future tasks surrounding this once in place.
- To be key contact for all queries related to collection and be reactive to any complaints or issues with artworks
- Responsible for removing/ installing/ reframing artworks when required
- Coordination of installations of permanent artworks
- Promote engagement with the collection by developing an activity programme for staff, patients and visitors
Person SpecificationExperience of managing site specific visual arts projects in public spacesEssential Experience working in healthcare environmentsEssential Experience co-designing and engaging participants in creative projectsEssential
- To support the Visual Art Manager with the planning, curation and installation of the exhibition programme
- Assist with the exhibition engagement programme by supporting creative activities, workshops and social media campaigns when required
- To assist with selection of artworks, printing images and framing for exhibitions
- Coordinating delivery of artworks for exhibitions and returning works.
- Assist with the curation, installation and take down of exhibitions
- Administrative tasks such as creating labels, posters, exhibition lists
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.