This is a clinical post based in the Department of Gastroenterology at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals. The post holder will undertake clinical sessions in the Department of Gastroenterology at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals (as per proposed timetable). This post addresses candidates who have completed or are completing their Training in Gastroenterology and wish to gain experience in advanced IBD.
We offer a wide range of services to inpatients and outpatients with gastrointestinal and liver disorders, including inflammatory bowel disease, enteral/parenteral nutrition, and hepatology services, as well as a portfolio of endoscopy services, including endoscopic ultrasound, cyst gastrostomy, oesophageal and colonic endotherapy (e.g. HALO RFA, endoscopic mucosal resections, complex colonic polypectomies), tertiary pancreato-biliary procedures, capsule endoscopy, oesophageal pathophysiology. Our vision is that the Guy's & St. Thomas will provide clinical, training and research excellence that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of its patients and peers.Main duties of the job
The post holder will contribute to the delivery of high quality diagnostic upper and lower endoscopy with the possibility to gain experience in one or more interventional procedures. He/she will also contribute to the maintenance of endoscopy quality and safety standards.
In addition, the post holder will have the opportunity to collaborate with the inflammatory bowel disease team, attend specialist clinics and multidisciplinary meetings and contribute to the team research portfolio.
The post holder will participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, including educational supervision of medical students.About us
help us to define and develop our culture, what we do
and how we do it
. It is important that you understand and reflect these values throughout your employment with the Trust.
The post holder will:
- Put patients first
- Take pride in what they do
- Respect others
- Strive to be the best
- Act with integrity
Our values and behaviors framework describes what it means for every one of us in the Trust to put our values into action. The framework can be found on our Trust careers pages and Intranet.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will also be expected to cover certain additional endoscopy lists in rotation with other clinical fellows and may participate in the Saturday endoscopy rota, which is currently 1:8 but may change according to service delivery needs. Participation in the on-call endoscopy rota, covering weekdays and weekends, and weekend ward cover may also be required. The exact split of contribution to on-call and weekend endoscopy will vary according to the skills of the applicant.Person SpecificationQualifications and Training:Essential
- Full GMC Registration MBBS or equivalent MRCP or equivalent
- Completed specialist training in Gastroenterology Higher Degree (MD or PhD)
- At least 2 years comprehensive clinical experience in Gastroenterology at Specialist Registrar Grade. Experience in the management of complex IBD and biologic treatment
Knowledge and Skills:Essential
- Higher training in management of IBD. Experience of complicated perianal disease Experience of nutritional complications of IBD
- Ability to work as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team Competent/independent (JAG criteria) in diagnostic OGD and Colonoscopy with key performance indicators
- Experience in the endoscopic surveillance of IBD
- Understanding of the principles and applications of clinical research
- Experience of undergraduate teaching and post graduate training
- Teaching qualification Endoscopy trainer
- Evidence of understanding of the role of clinical management
- Management training or qualification Evidence of leadership in the development of clinical services
- Evidence of understanding of and adherence to the principles of Good Medical Practice set out by the General Medical Council Evidence of contribution to effective clinical audit and clinical risk management
- Experience in clinical guideline development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.