An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Clinical Fellow (ST3+ equivalent and above).
The successful candidate must have completed full training of the Foundation Training programme and must have at least 2 years experience post Foundation Training including 12 months in Obs & Gynae.
Candidates must be GMC registered at the time of submission of their application form.Main duties of the job
This is a Registrar level position and we are seeking to appoint an experienced candidate in Obstetrics and Gynaecology based mainly at Frimley Park Hospital and its peripheral hospitals. This post is suited to those wishing to pursue a career in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the future.
The post will be offered as a fixed term post for 6 months with the possibility of an extension to 1-2 years.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the FutureJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Assist in the day to day running of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit, including outpatient clinic and ward work.
- Participate in the second on call rota for Obstetrics and Gynaecology. On-call commitments of 1 in 10.
- Assist in the training of FY2, GPVTS, ST1 & ST2 juniors.
- Provide input into the departments teaching/audit programme.
For full details of the roles and responsibilities please refer to the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Full GMC Registration
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- MRCOG Part I or equivalent
Management and Administrative experienceEssential
- MRCOG Part II/III
- Distinctions, Scholarships, prizes
Clinical experience and effectivenessEssential
- Understands the need for and appreciates the role of audit in clinical practice
- Direct experience of audit
- Completion of Foundation Programme competencies or equivalent
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to at least ST3 level
- Ability to teach clinical and operative skills
- Experience of teaching clinical skills to undergraduates and postgraduates
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical and surgical problems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.