An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Allied Health Professional either Social Worker or Occupational Therapist to join North Cumbria West Community Treatment Team (CTT).
We are looking for a dedicated individual, who is able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to support the delivery of care and treatment using a strength-based recovery focused approach.
The AHP mental health practitioner role will enable the post holder to bring their professional skills and experience to a multidisciplinary community team, working together to deliver a range treatments both individual and group based. The AHP mental health practitioner will also carry a caseload to deliver assessment and interventions within their professional body remit.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work with service users, to provide NICE Guideline recommended evidence based treatments and manage a patient caseload.
They will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
To work as part of a team to deliver evidenced based clinical and psychologically based interventions to promote recovery.
The post holder will work as a member of the Multi-disciplinary Team ensuring that high quality individualised care is delivered which ensures safety and a commitment to promoting recovery and wellbeing and maximising independence.
Essential Requirements for the post are:
A professional qualification in one of the following areas Social Work, Occupational Therapy
Is registered with the appropriate Governing Body e.g Health and Care Professions Council.
Regular support and supervision will be provided. The post holder will be expected to actively engage in the supervision and the continuing professional development process.About us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 25th May 2023
Closing date : 8th June 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Degree level or above
- Registered with HCPC/ soon to be registered
- Registered with Social Work England
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with Mental health/ Neurodevelopmental needs
- Clinical experience
- Experience of working with service users and carers in successful delivery of intervention plans
- Awareness and understanding of professional accountability, HCPC and standards
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of involving service users/ carers in goal negotiation
Role/Team specific requirementsEssential
- Risk Assessment skills
- Ability to establish a rapport and demonstrate engage skills with service users
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Good, effective communication skills
- Ability to cope with distressing and emotional situations
- Professional in approach and manner
- Flexible and adaptive
- A commitment to equal opportunities and a positive attitude to combating stigma
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Innovative and resourceful
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.