Are you committed to providing a safe, high standard of midwifery care? Are you passionate about delivering memorable experiences whilst supporting women, birthing people and their families before, during and after pregnancy and childbirth?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and dedicated midwives to join our team at Wallingford Birth Centre. Our team of community midwives provide antenatal, postnatal and labour care in our freestanding midwife led unit (MLU) as well as homebirth to women in South Oxfordshire. We are passionate about providing safe, effective care to women and their families in their chosen place of birth.
As a community midwife, you will also work closely with the multidisciplinary teams at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, to provide care for those experiencing more high-risk pregnancies.
If you feel like a new challenge, come and join our fabulous community team at Wallingford Birth Centre.
Full and part time hours available.Main duties of the jobWho we are looking for:
What we offer:
- Compassionate, dedicated and motivated midwives to join our experienced and friendly team
- Midwives who have excellent team working and communication skills and who are well-versed in time management
- Colleagues who put patients at the heart of their day and strive to work collaboratively with them, upholding our role as advocates and champions of women.
- Midwives who think innovatively to increase numbers of MLU/homebirths,
- To work with a welcoming, experienced and supportive group of Midwives
- Ongoing professional development and encouragement to achieve your ambitions
- The opportunity to experience the joys of providing care throughout pregnancy, labour and
- the postnatal period, benefiting from continuous care with your own caseload of patients
Community Midwifery has an on call commitment & it is essential you hold a UK driving licenceAbout usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - theJohn Radcliffe Hospital
andNuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and theHorton General Hospital
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.
Many of our recruitment programmes useValue Based Interviewing
to identify those who have the skills we seek, who share our values and who are able to deliver compassionate excellence from the outset. We know that this makes a significant difference to your job satisfaction and above all the outcomes and experience of our patients and their families. For more information about our Values and Value Based Interviewing please visitwww.ouh.nhs.uk/about/vision-and-valuesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.Person SpecificationQual knowl and compsEssential
Desirable Physical attributesEssential
- Registered Midwife with current UK Registration and a minimum of 6 months employed experience as a midwife.
- Evidence of: A positive enthusiastic character.
- Being self-aware and able to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to work as part of a team
- Demonstrates good verbal & written communication skills
- Belief in and commitment to women centred philosophy
- Demonstrate developing strategies and ability to cope under pressure
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Good health record Smart professional appearance in accord with professional dress code
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Oxford University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wallingford Maternity and Birth Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.