An excellent opportunity for a Staff Nurse who is committed to high quality care for babies and their families to join our Neonatal Services. Working as part of a team of Medical Staff, Nurses, Nursery Nurse and a Housekeeper, you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of evidenced based patient care.
To provide the highest standard of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised holistic care in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team.Main duties of the job
As a Band 6 Staff Nurse you will require RN/RN Child with evidence of professional development. Completion of the Neonatal Intensive Care Course is essential. There are opportunities to undertake a range of professional and personal development activities.
Utilise a variety of strategies to communicate effectively in a highly stressful environment with patients and those involved in their care. The post holder must also communicate effectively with staff in the Trust, in other organisations and with the general public. Utilise specialist communication skills where barriers to understanding exist. Maintain the child's right as an individual according to the philosophy of the Children's & Families Division and Trust.About us
The Neonatal Services are at Doncaster Royal Infirmary and Bassetlaw Hospitals. The Division is progressive and innovative, continually striving to improve services for children, young people and their families. The Division operates a rotational policy, when necessary, across both sites in order to meet service and development needs.
The Neonatal Unit at Doncaster Royal Infirmary is an 18 bedded unit with 3 intensive care cots, 3 high dependency care and 12 special care cots. The Neonatal Unit cares for infants of 27 weeks gestation and above. The Special Care Baby Unit at Bassetlaw has 8 Special Care cots and cares for babies from 32 weeks and above. Both units promote excellence in Neonatal Nursing Care and can be a very special and rewarding environment to work in.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- At all times request patient confidentiality and in particular, the confidentiality and in particular, the confidentiality of electronically/manually stored patient/personal data, in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Be aware of individual responsibilities and maintain a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act. Identify and report immediately any untoward accident, incident or potential hazard.
- Participate in Performance Development Appraisal.
- Develop IT skills as required in line with Trust developments.
- Attend all mandatory lectures and in service training as identified at Performance Development Appraisal.
- Adhere to Trust and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Contribute to reviewing and developing policies and procedures.
For full details please read the job description and person speciation attachedPerson SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Able to accommodate the demands of the post with flexible working as required and good attendance.
- Precise and methodical in working practice and able to work under own initiative.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with multi-disciplinary team/client/relatives.
- Demonstrate a caring manner with an understanding disposition
- Provide evidence of supervision of students/nurses e.g. preceptorship, education, mentorship.
- RSCN/RN (child)/RGN
- Diploma in Care of the Newborn /ENB 405
- ENB 998 (or equivalent) / evidence of teaching
- Demonstrate professional post-registration development in order to effectively manage a ward team in the absence of a Sister/Charge Nurse.
- Proven experience working with the neonatal setting
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of neonatal policies, procedures and working practices
- Evidence of learning and development in line with PREP requirements
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in all aspects of neonatal nursing
- Awareness of audit and research
- Evidence of ward management under supervision
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.