Patient Experience Manager Band 7 -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative, dynamic and highly motivated professional, who is passionate about improving experiences for patients, carers, families and visitors, to lead and manage our Patient Experience Team.
We are looking for someone who has patient facing experience, excellent interpersonal skills who is compassionate, kind and empathetic and understands the importance of delivering patient centred outstanding care. Understanding the importance of listening and learning from the experiences of our patients.
If successful you will lead and provide line management to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Supervisor, who leads the Trusts PALS service (Inc. Volunteers and bereavements support). You will be writing formal complaints as part of your role.
You will be responsible for working with directorates to deliver our strategic person centered patient experience objectives and will lead or support on a range of patient experience initiatives across the Trust. Including membership of our Public
Patient Involvement and Patient Experience Carers Groups.We can promise you a supportive working environment valuing your contribution and ideas. You will be an influential voice in shaping and delivering on the NHS Patient Experience and Engagement agenda.Main duties of the job
Lead on analysis, triangulation of information obtained from compliments, patient experience surveys, complaints, bereavement support and other forms of patient and public engagement. Developing robust action plans to improve quality of our care.
Manage the day-to-day complaints processes, speaking to complainants and writing formal complaints.
Support the implementation of the Trusts Patient Experience and Engagement Strategy.
Act as line manager for the PALS Supervisors (who manages 2 staff).
To act as an expert resource in seeking out, understanding, identifying improvements and responding to the voice of patients, carers and families.
Support the translation and interpretation service contract, quality review and invoices.
To evaluate the service and experience using a variety of quality improvement methodologies, surveys and other feedback mechanisms to ensure we learn from our stakeholders, whether they be patients, carers or staff.
Benchmark against national and local strategies to ensure the Trust is up-to-date in its practice.
Working within our Patient Experience team will at times be emotional as you are given privileged access to our patients and carers lived experiences, but equally the work is uplifting and inspiring as you use patients experience to develop and improve our services and care.About us
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the UK's leading heart and lung hospital, delivering care to more than 50,000 patients a year in its new state-of-the-art hospital in Cambridge.
We perform the most heart and/or lung transplants in the UK and carried out the UK's first successful heart transplant in 1979. It also offers emergency heart attack treatment, sleep centre care and is one of just five centres nationally for those in severe respiratory failure. Based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus the largest centre of medical research and health science in Europe the Trust is at the heart of treatments of the future.
Royal Papworth became the first hospital trust in the country to be rated outstanding in all five areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission - a rating it still holds today.
The Trust holds its values of compassion, excellence
at its core, and all colleagues joining the team are expected to uphold these in their day-to-day roles and interactions.
Royal Papworth is proud of its diverse workforce and encourages people to embrace their individuality. The Trust values difference and welcomes all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Providing they meet the minimum post criteria, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview.
For a street view tour: https://royalpapworth.nhs.uk/virtual-tourJob descriptionJob responsibilities
On this page you will find a Role Profile which provides information about the hospital and full details about the role. We recommend that you review this and refer to it as you complete your application. Please ensure you evidence in the Essential Criteria how you uphold the Trust Values Compassion Excellence Collaboration
. If you would like more information about the role or working at Royal Papworth Hospital, please get in touch with the contact for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters level qualification (or specialist knowledge through equivalent qualification / experience)
- Evidence of continued learning and professional development
Experience and SkillsEssential
- Hold NMC or equivalent professional registration
- Relevant experience of working within a Clinical Governance area (PALS, complaints / Patient Safety /Quality Improvement/ Risk / Audit etc)
- Experience in Patient and Public engagement/co-production including measurement of patient experience.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of patient experience and patient involvement approaches.
- Experience of report writing articulating complex and sensitive data
- Previous experience of working closely with clinicians of varying seniority
- Experience of managing and leading individuals/teams.
- A track record in delivering presentations and developing and delivering training
- Experience of policy development
- Experience of analysing and benchmarking data
- Strong, responsive and person-centred communication skills and the ability to respond verbally to complainants on the telephone and in writing, demonstrating a compassionate and professional approach.
- Ability to provide a sensitive, caring and empathetic environment and service to bereaved families.
- Ability to provide expert advice and support relating to the complaints process and a wide range of clinical governance processes
- Ability to analyse complex information and facts requiring interpretation and comparison to a wide range of options to investigation and or response to a complaint
- Excellent letter writing skills with a high level and consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards developing own skills and expertise in all aspects of patient experience
- Experience of Quality Improvement methodologies
- Experience of management/ quality assurance around NHS complaints/concerns.
- Experience of negotiation and influencing skills
- Datix software experience
Values and BehavioursEssential
- In depth knowledge of the Friends and Family Test survey and the mandatory reporting requirements.
- Specialist Knowledge and experience of the NHS PALS and Complaints Standards/Regulations and a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the PALS and complaints management processes
- Computer literate -Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Evidence ability to uphold the Trusts values Compassion Excellence Collaboration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self-motivated and able to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake additional responsibilities to support the organisation as required that are commensurate with the seniority and experience of the post
- Ability to work in busy environments.
- Able to travel to Huntington base on ad hoc bases.
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Papworth Hospital
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.