Have you a passion for working within theatres? Are you looking to advance your skills and practice? Were looking for Qualified Cardiothoracic SCP to join our expanding team.
As part of the role you will be skilled in harvesting conduit, including the radial artery, as well as first and second assisting. You will also participate in aspects of pre, peri and post-operative care of the patient under the direction of the Consultant Surgeons.Main duties of the job
Your duties within this role will include:
Providing professional and operational leadership, with 24-hr continuing responsibility for the quality of patient care, ensuring that nursing/ODP practice is delivered to an excellent standard.
Under the direction of the consultant surgeons the post holder will carry out operative procedures, whilst assisting in all aspects of peri-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care.
You will work closely with consultant surgeons, medical staff and other surgical care practitioners in developing this role to its full potential
Provide leadership and management for team members.About us
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the UK's leading heart and lung hospital, delivering care to more than 50,000 patients a year in its new state-of-the-art hospital in Cambridge.
We perform the most heart and/or lung transplants in the UK and carried out the UK's first successful heart transplant in 1979. It also offers emergency heart attack treatment, sleep centre care and is one of just five centres nationally for those in severe respiratory failure. Based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus the largest centre of medical research and health science in Europe the Trust is at the heart of treatments of the future.
Royal Papworth became the first hospital trust in the country to be rated outstanding in all five areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission - a rating it still holds today.
The Trust holds its values of compassion, excellence
at its core, and all colleagues joining the team are expected to uphold these in their day-to-day roles and interactions.
Royal Papworth is proud of its diverse workforce and encourages people to embrace their individuality. The Trust values difference and welcomes all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Providing they meet the minimum post criteria, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview.
For a street view tour: https://royalpapworth.nhs.uk/virtual-tourJob descriptionJob responsibilities
On this page you will find a Role Profile which provides information about the hospital and full details about the role. We recommend that you review this and refer to it as you complete your application. Please ensure you evidence in the Essential Criteria how you uphold the Trust Values Compassion Excellence Collaboration. If you would like more information about the role or working at Royal Papworth Hospital, please get in touch with the contact for this role.Person SpecificationKnowledge & SkillsEssential
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own and others workload
- Flexible approach to working hours and practices to meet the changing demands of the organisation. There is a requirement to undertake an on call commitment in line with existing and future unsocial hour requirements as directed by the line manager.
- Excellent prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience as a Surgical Care Practitioner
- Ability to supervise and develop others
- Proven ability to problem solve and deal with complex issues
- Evidence of leadership and management experience
- Registered Healthcare Professional e.g. Registered Nurse, or Operating Department Practitioner.
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Relevant qualification and experience as a Surgical Care Practitioner.
- Relevant and ongoing CPD
- Teaching, Mentoring, training qualification
- Evidence ability to uphold the Trusts values Compassion Excellence Collaboration and associated behaviour standard at all times
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.