All midwife practitioners will be Registered Midwives, accountable for their own midwifery practice and will be able to fulfill the following role through the ability to make decisions with current protocols and principles of care in compliance with the NMC's Midwives Rules and code of Midwifery Practice.
This midwife may be a recently qualified midwife or she/he may be very experienced but she/he will be expected to continue with post-registration education and development to become a confident midwife able to provide care with the women either in the community or hospital environment
We welcome your application to join our expanding team in 2023!Main duties of the job
I am Emma Luhr Director of Midwifery at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, and we are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals like yourself, to join our fantastic and supportive expanding team of Midwives at both our hospital and community at Frimley Park.
Frimley Health is a great place to work and progress your career in the Midwifery profession. We are the 4th largest trust to deliver maternity services in England, with a dedicated Head of Midwifery at both sites, a team of Matrons and Practice Development team to not only support you, but enable our Midwives, Support Workers to deliver high quality care to all our women and progress the National Maternity Transformation Agenda.About us
If you join our team I can personally assure you that you will have access to excellent opportunities including;
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Comprehensive bespoke preceptorship programme if you havejust qualified
- Developmental programmes for all members of the team that are individualised depending on need
- Leadership development at all levels
- Trust supported development opportunities
- Career progression & development
- Support for Masters/further study
- Involvement in national research projects
Person SpecificationQualifications/ TrainingEssential
- To acknowledge professional accountability by demonstrating and ensuring high standards of practice.
- To be responsible for the assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of care during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods.
- To facilitate birth either in the hospital or home setting
- To be the lead professional and be responsible in providing midwife-led care to low risk women.
- To be aware of the need for changes in professional practice, whilst acting as a resource for women, their families and also colleagues. In conjunction with the Practice Development Team analysing personal training needs and making changes to clinical practice where appropriate.
- To participate in the setting, implementing and monitoring of clinical standards.
- To participate in the achievement and maintenance of high standards of service using the task of clinical audit, consumer satisfaction surveys to their full effect.
- To record information accurately, and complete documentation in compliance with the NMC Code.
- To enter information accurately onto the maternity information system
- Degree in Midwifery
- Registered Midwife
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.