Are you an experienced Midwife with a passion for improving maternity services? Do you have an interest in health inequalities and a desire to make sustainable change?
At The Royal United Hospitals Bath we are looking for a Midwife with experience of working with women from marginalised groups to work alongside the Transformation Project Lead Midwife and a Health Inequalities team to influence change for women and birthing people.
You will establish key relationships with service users to fully understand their experiences and support the reversal of avoidable differences in birth outcomes with a particular focus on ethnicity.Main duties of the job
- Advocate for families who are known to experience marginalisation
- Have open conversations with women and birthing people and their families to ascertain their experiences of care and to collate themes from this feedback to inform improvements in service provision.
- Review adverse events where health inequalities may have had an impact and ascertain areas where improvements could be made.
- Link with Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) locally to incorporate user feedback from families and use this to develop any required improvements or action plan going forward.
- Act as a key resource for staff and provide support in relation to women using the service experiencing or at risk of health inequalities, and those from marginalised communities.
- Provide feedback and training to all maternity and obstetric staff as required in response to information gathered.
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Registered Midwife with current NMC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of working with marginalised groups
- Evidence of training related to equality and diversity
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Formal training or qualifications in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- Training or qualifications in counselling skills
- Recent experience in midwifery practice
- Thorough understanding of current research and issues relating to health inequalities
- Proven experience of ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Understanding of how health inequalities are created and might be mitigated
- Experience of working with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Experience of Quality Improvement projects
- Knowledge of best practices in relation to EDI
- Experience in facilitating the views of people with seldom heard voices
- Understanding of change management
- Experience in providing training or education to peers
- Experience of collecting, assimilating and responding to service-user feedback
- Experience of communicating with people at different levels within an organisation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.