Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor Employer.This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
The post is within well established and long-standing services that are organised in line with New Ways of Working. This post holder will provide consultant input to the Community Mental Health Team for Spelthorne Older Adults alongside a full time Specialty Doctor.
This appointment is for a full-time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist who will be responsible for providing input to the Spelthorne CMHTOP of Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust alongside a full-time substantive specialty doctor and other members of the multi-disciplinary team including a Psychiatric Core Trainee on 6 monthly rotations. The new Consultant will be employed by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and will work with the Spelthorne CMHTOP.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering consultant psychiatric input to patients referred to and accepted for treatment by the CMHTOP in line with the agreed criteria and commissioned care pathways. The work will therefore involve the assessment and psychiatric treatment of patients either directly or through the supervision of other team members.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to assess referrals including urgent ones, both working independently and with other team members. They will personally deliver outpatient clinics each week and will supervise the clinical caseload of the specialty doctor and the trainee doctor. The post holder is expected to develop, alongside other colleagues in the team, effective liaison with partner organisations and other local agencies.Our Offer:
- NHS Consultant grade �88,364 -�119,133 per annum + �149 fringe + on- call requirement
- GMC Sponsorship
- �15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to �8000 subject to policy requirement
- Sponsorship for International candidates up to �3,199
- Up to �2000/year CPD allowance subject to policy requirements
- NHS pension employers contribution 20.68% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car scheme tax savings up to �6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership and many more. Please check our benefits brochure
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Trust encourages mentoring arrangements to be established where appropriate and particularly for new consultants. There are a number of experienced medical mentors in the Trust and access to this network can be activated following discussion with the medical manager initially
To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales. To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work and absence cover.
To contribute to the healthy and safe working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations and Trust policies.
To contribute to the prevention and control of health care associated infection by adhering to Trust policies and guidelines.
Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is committed to valuing and promoting diversity in employment, service delivery practices and its general environment. An expectation of all leadership posts is that everyone will take responsibility for promoting open, inclusive and accessible service provision, staff development and a culture that values and respects difference.Please see attached job description for full responsibilities of this rolePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent recognised medical qualification.
- Full medical registration with a license to practice.
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist register or CCT in appropriate specialty (or within 6 months at time of interview / assessment) or equivalent
- Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills.
- Relevant higher degree e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Knowledge of legislation, department of Health Guidance and literature and its implications for clinical practice.
- Knowledge of NHS strategic vision in Next Stage Review (High Quality Care for All)
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Make decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Experience of working with a variety of patient groups presenting with the full range of clinical severity across a range of care settings including community, inpatient, and specialist teams.
- Evidence of active participation in Continuous Professional Development
- Knowledge of psychiatric provision
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Ability to develop and use complex multimedia materials for presentation in public, professional and academic settings.
- Specific training qualification / certificate or attendance on recognized teaching course.
- Peer review or research publications
- Published audit or research projects
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving license OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes due to the community element of the role
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.