We are looking for staff who have energy, enthusiasm, commitment and drive and who are patient-centered. Whatever your career aspirations, we are committed to supporting and developing you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Mental Health Nurse (Band 5) position to work as part of our dedicated team within the Adult Acute In-patient service on Felindre Ward, Bronllys.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate must have an interest in acute inpatient care and enjoy working in a busy and challenging environment. Possess good communication skills and demonstrate a willingness to develop in the staff nurse position.
We would be happy to discuss the role requirements with you and introduce you to the ward and the team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply. About us
The unit provides assessment, treatment and stabilisation of patients with serious mental health problems. Felindre ward is a 16 bedded plus 2 crisis beds acute admission ward for adults (18 -65 years) suffering with serious mental health problems and covers the catchment area of Powys.
we also have a S136 suite and work closely with partner agencies and third sector agenciesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Mental Health Act Measure Wales and Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Awareness of specific government/legislation pertinent to the clinical area
- Knowledge of Powys Teaching Health Board modernisation of services plan
- Evidence of post graduate study
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and/or multi-agency working
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working within health settings
- Ability to support and influence change
- Experience of working with designated client group
Desirable Values and OtherEssential
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Able to demonstrate empathy with patients and their families/carers
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need for selfdevelopment
- Analytical and judgemental skills to enhance the decision-making process to resolve complex issues/situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literacy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate PTHB Values
- Special requirements to perform in the role e.g. ability to travel within geographical area when needed
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the unit
- Flexible working pattern
- Satisfactory DBS check
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.