The Cancer Specialist Pharmacist based at Weston General Hospital and split between Bristol and Weston, is an exciting new role which plays a important part of the team managing the services at University Hospitals of Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW).Main duties of the job
- To provide clinical pharmacy services to the Oncology Day Unit and Oncology Outpatients at Weston General Hospital including clinical verification of systemic anticancer therapy prescriptions. To also be involved in delivering the pharmaceutical provision of Clinical Trials at Weston.
- At least one day a week to work with the team of specialist cancer pharmacists at Bristol Haematology and Oncoogy Centre to provide clinical pharmacy services to adult and TYA (teenage and young adult) cancer patients.
- To facilitate the implementation of service improvements and developments, under the supervision of the lead pharmacists at Weston General Hospital and Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre and through liaison with other members of the pharmacy team and with service users, i.e. ward, medical and nursing staff.
- To participate in other parts of the pharmacy service when required, including: weekend commitment either to chemo on-call or Weston dispensary late duties on a rotational basis and participation in the pharmacist emergency duty service for the Trust.
- Participate in the training of pharmacists, trainee pharmacists, undergraduate pharmacists and other pharmacy and NHS staff.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- MPharm/ BPharm/ BSc (Pharmacy)
- Currently registered as a pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Evidence of further training/development in a relevant area of practice (Band 6 - D, Band 7 - E)
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information
- Ability to assess priorities, plan and organise both own workload (Band 6 - D, Band 7 - E)
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information
- Methodical and accurate
- Ability to use judgement to challenge and influence prescribing decisions appropriately in a specialist area (Band 6 - D, Band 7 - E)
- Able to work in a busy and pressured environment
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Research and audit skills
- Experience of working in hospital pharmacy at Band 6 level or equivalent
- Post-registration experience in Cancer Pharmacy or clinical pharmacy experience across a range of specialised areas (Band 6 - D, Band 7 - E)
- Working knowledge of systemic anti-cancer treatments and supportive care
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Able to prioritise time and workload effectively
- Good team player
- Ability to work alone and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Articulate and self-confident
- Leadership skills
- Committed to providing a high quality pharmacy service
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Weston General Hospital
Grange Road, Uphill
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.