MyTime Epsom and Chertsey are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager for our successful Day service Department. MyTime Epsom / Chertsey offer support to over 90 people who have a learning disability and it supports people to participate activities of their choice either within the local community or within our centres.
Both services has achieved accreditation through SABP internal care excellence programme and it prides itself on the quality of care it provides. The post offers the successful applicant a varied and challenging role over two geographic sites with a enthusiastic high performing Team.Main duties of the job
- To Ensure that there is an effective daily work plan/schedule in place taking into account skill mix and ensuring that there is sufficient staffing to meet required service needs
- To monitor and maintain effective daily budgeting control of the service using available resources i.e. petty cash.
- Support individual staff to gain skills and knowledge to enhance personal development.
- Provide day to day supervision of staff and ensure all staff have access to formal supervision as outlined in the Trusts agreed policy.
- To ensure that there is effective communication to all team members through monthly team meetings and other ad hoc briefings.
- To assess factors of risk to the service or risk issues relating to supporting workload and ensure appropriate action to reduce or eliminate risk is taken on a daily basis
- Assist the cluster Manager in maintaining the Trusts Care Excellence Accreditation for both service.
- Deputise for the Cluster Manager
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received.Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
My job makes better lives byleading a team, under the direction of the Cluster Manager and in partnership with the Team Leaders, to ensure the delivery of appropriate and high quality support within a Day Care setting. promoting independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals being supported.
Job OverviewTo assist in the day to day operational management of services across 2 geographical sites. Promoting standards of person-centred care and support in a Day Care setting. Making independent decisions and judgements in the interests of the people who use our service. To maintain a high quality of support in partnership with quality standard set with the Cluster Manager.
See Job Description for full details.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant experience of working with people who have learning disability.
- Relevant management/leadership experience working in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience of managing day to day Operational services. of managing day to day operational services.
- Evidence of developing user and carer involvement to enhance quality of user experience and developing positive relationships with commissioners.
- Degree,NVQ 4 in Care or equivalent experience
- Management Qualification at level 5/ ILM qualification or willingness/in process of
- Professional qualification in a relevant field-RNLD/RSW
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.