Fixed term / Secondment for Maternity Leave Cover until July 2024 due to funding
With oversight from the Research Manager, the Research Coordinator will provide operational support for the effective running of the Support My Study function in the Health and Care Research Wales, Support and Delivery Centre.First point of contact for queries from sponsors and researchers with regards to Site ID and feasibility requests related to commercial and non-commercial research studies in Wales.
Oversee the process for site identification and selection, and setup of studies, with a particular focus on studies which are of national importance, have multiple locations in Wales or are Welsh led.Provide case management support for relevant studies, working with local Health Boards, Health and Care Research Wales Support and Delivery Services and Sponsor study teams, to ensure efficient setup and ongoing performance oversight of studies in primary care, secondary care, and social care settings.Main duties of the job
Support the planning, co-ordination and organisation of tasks and workload for the Support My Study function. Provide support for the implementation of policies and operational plans for the Support My Study function, which will involve a series of complex interrelated tasks across, Industry, Secondary Care, Primary Care and Social Care.
Work with the Senior Industry Manager and Research Managers to proactively source high quality, relevant commercial and academic research studies by horizon scanning relevant systems such as Open Data Platform (ODP) and Central Portfolio Management System (CPMS) and also regular meetings with study sponsors and Clinical Research Organisations (CROs). Develop robust working relationships with NHS R& D and Delivery Teams to support the setup, co-ordination, and delivery of commercial and non-commercial research across Wales. Develop robust working relationships with Health and Care Research Wales Speciality leads and support services such as the booking team, and other groups within Health and Care Research Wales, to support the setup, coordination, and delivery of commercial and non-commercial research across Wales.About us
Working for Health and Care Research Wales:
Health and social care research is, first and foremost, about improving the health and care of people and communities. Our goal is to ensure that today's research makes a difference to tomorrow's care.
Health and Care Research Wales is a networked organisation, supported by Welsh Government, which brings together a wide range of partners across the NHS in Wales, local authorities, universities, research institutions, third sector and others. We also work with government agencies, research funders, industry partners as well as patients, service users and the public right across the UK to promote research into diseases, treatments, services and outcomes that can lead to discoveries and innovations which can improve and even save people's lives.
The Health and Care Research Wales Support & Delivery Centre is hosted by Powys Teaching Health Board which is one of Wales's seven health boards, and funded by Welsh Government. Our headquarters is in Cardiff but we have offices across Wales. The post holder will have a base in one of the Cardiff, Brecon or Bangor offices (confirmed on recruitment) but will also be able to work from home.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- Demonstrates a wide knowledge of administrative processes and organisational policies and procedures
- Experience in gathering, analysing, and presenting data in a meaningful way to facilitate decision making at operational and strategic levels
- Experience of working with web based and MS Office applications including databases
- Experience of building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of professionals at different levels with varying skills and knowledge
- Excellent demonstrable attention to detail when handling large volumes of information and data
- Self-motivated with analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to think laterally and work with minimal dayto-day supervision
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage and record data in a reliable and accurate manner
- Ability to manage own time and ensure deadlines are met
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to communicate with a range of individuals at all levels and across a range of organisations
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.