An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 8a Clinical Neuropsychologist to support with the set up and running of a new Vocational Rehabilitation Service across West Essex and Hertfordshire. This is a shared commissioned service between EPUT, CLCH and HCT NHS Trusts and is being hosted by EPUT.
The post holder will work as part of an MDT to support patients following a stroke overcome obstacles to accessing, maintaining or returning to employment or other useful occupations or to support with a dignified exit from work if this should be the patient's desired outcome.
The team will consist of a Clinical Neuropsychologist, Senior Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. The role of the Clinical Neuropsychologist will be to provide a high quality, comprehensive clinical neuro-psychology service to clients Of the West Essex and Herts Vocational Rehabilitation Service.
As this is a service working across three sites within West Essex and Hertfordshire there will be an expectation to travel. Excitingly with this being a new service there will be an opportunity for Service development and leadership opportunities.
This is will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract or secondment opportunity.Main duties of the job
- To provide highly specialist psychological assessment (cognitive, neuropsychological, behavioural, functional) and psychological interventions/therapy.
- Engage in clinical sessions involving both direct clinical and indirect clinical activity, such as patient related multidisciplinary teamwork and other patient related activities.
- To engage in non-clinical sessions, including administration, research and development, and professional development.
- To provide advice, consultation and supervision on clients' psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues at all levels, including those in the patient's workplace, and to other, non-professional carers.
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development, and primary research within the area served by the vocational rehabilitation service.
- To supervise other members of staff who are supporting the delivery of psychological services within or linked with the Vocational Rehabilitation Service.
- To sustain and continually develop pathways for psychological care for individuals referred to the Vocational Rehabilitation Service.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bankJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be responsible for, and autonomous in, the development and provision of a neuropsychology service providing specialist psychological and neuropsychological assessment and treatment to individuals receiving care from the Vocational Rehab Service. This includes, implementing a range of psychological interventions based on psychological formulations for individuals and carers and adjusting or refining these where necessary.
- To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of clients behavioural, cognitive, and mental health difficulties relating to vocation, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the issues, and employing evidence based therapies. To be able to draw upon different explanatory models and maintain a number of provisional hypotheses to inform adjustments and refinements of formulations and treatment plans.
- Provide written reports to referral agents within reasonable time frames to ensure clear communication of diagnostic decisions (neuropsychological assessment) and proposed psychological treatment/interventions
- To provide specialist psychological supervision, guidance and consultation to other professionals at all levels contributing directly to clients formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan, and support the effective and appropriate provision of psychological care by all members of the treatment team.
- Identify audit tools evaluating the clinical and service effectiveness for patients admitted to the Vocational Rehab Service, in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Keep abreast of national and international evidence-base, research findings and policy developments, best practice and innovations. Disseminate and promote the application of these throughout the service to inform clinical care and service developments.
- Professional Registration
- Considerable experience in stroke/Neuro
- Member of a specialist group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full UK driving Licence and Full access to a car for work purposes
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Margaret's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.